Seebeebee's P1 N15 GTi

Couple of bits done since the last update.

Before Japfest I did a quick wheel referb on the cheap with sandpaper and rattle cans. Wasn't the best job in the world, but they came out pretty good, and I think they look better in black. Also makes the wheels look slightly less lost in the wheel arches. In the long run, I'll have a different set on at some point, but with my current budget, this was the best solution.

Most recent addition was the new grille, which I picked up from the post office today. A couple of coats of paint, and I'm really happy with it. Big thanks to Sim for sorting me out.

As it stands this afternoon...
14066154427_749f3b9d10_z.jpg

Hi guys ive been trying to get on here since selling Shakirathemera in march to see if theres any updates and how shes going but cannot access my account for some reason so made a new one today just to have alook.Seebeebee hows she running?

I've not updated this thread for over a year as bar a clutch replacement a few weeks ago, nothing much changed. I'd lacked the money to really do anything big on the car, and despite buying some used coilovers from Badger months ago, I'd been unable to get them fitted. Having committed to attending JAE now, that's given me a kick up the back side to get stuff sorted. So today, I got the front set if coilovers on the car. It looks so much better for it. The rears still have the standard setup at the moment, but it was always the front that looked stupidly high. I've got some other stuff in the works at the moment too, but for now, have a picture:

20193792914_c1bb72f425_z.jpg

Looks great.

Only one thing and I know it's probably a ball ache but PLEASE fit the skirts the right way round, it really offends me.

I remember you saying when I first got the car, but whoever put them back on like that has bonded them to the sills, and they're so brittle I'm worried about taking them off. One day. Maybe. When I have a bunch of time and a tin of P40 spare. But for now, they're staying put...

Fair point. I've removed a few sets before and they are brittle but can be removed with some fishing wire and a bit of heat. And a lot of care!

Back
Top Bottom