SR20 Silvia Engine Swap?

Hello, I have an Almera with a GA14DE engine. How difficult will it be for me to put in an SR20 from a Nissan Silvia? What do I have to change/add? Found one for 300 euros...

Hello, I have an Almera with a GA14DE engine. How difficult will it be for me to put in an SR20 from a Nissan Silvia? What do I have to change/add? Found one for 300 euros...
I'm jot sure if you're trolling or being serious?...

Two very different drive platforms, and the engines aren't interchangeable from RWD to FWD

....Phone.....

I'm jot sure if you're trolling or being serious?...

Two very different drive platforms, and the engines aren't interchangeable from RWD to FWD

....Phone.....

I'm a noob in this stuff.. that's why I asked.. sorry. I didn't know FWD and RWD engines are not interchangeable...

I'm a noob in this stuff.. that's why I asked.. sorry. I didn't know FWD and RWD engines are not interchangeable...
Right ok.

Yes the RWD SR20 won't mount to the fwd gearbox without a custom bell housing.

Also the inlet manifold is in the wrong position, the turbo is mounted the wrong way. I could go on.

If its a turbo sr20 you're after. Convert your car to a gti sr20 and turbo that engine.

But of course don't forget brakes and handeling.

....Phone.....

Ok thank you. I think I should concentrate more on brakes and handling then... What tires and wheels are you using on your mera? They look really flush from your photo. Really nice looking car. :)

Ok thank you. I think I should concentrate more on brakes and handling then... What tires and wheels are you using on your mera? They look really flush from your photo. Really nice looking car. :)

That's an old photo. It was rota grids. I've no idea of the spec of them. I had 20mm spacers on.

....Phone.....

Back
Top Bottom