srbryan N15 Pulsar VZR DP1

Got the head down and got alot of the jobs done but didn't get many pics along the way. Got the car back on the ground on saturday and pulled it out for a bit of a wash as there was plenty of dust and cobwebs over it.
I plan to machine polish it over the next few days and get the last few details sorted.

IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2067.JPG
IMG_2068.JPG

So a bit of an update with the running issue i have been having with the car, was lookin at the car with a mate tonight and started messing with it and checking wiring and spotted that when the car was idling the light behind the odometer/speedo would stay on but when the car started moving it would start flashing, so we jacked the car and drove it through the gears the light would flash when the speedo started moving and stop when the speedo reached 0.
We disconnected the speed sensor plug from the gearbox and drove it then and.....nothing the car drove perfect, no hesitation or anything and the light was off.
Also when driving the car seemed to hit rev limiter at about 6800k but seemed to be hitting both vvl activation points so possibly faulty cluster.
So we came to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with the cluster/speedo wiring and that it would intermittently cut ignition power when moving and that is what was causing the car to cut and bog down!? Very strange.

Last edited:
Fitted my Bride rails and Dc5 Recaros
IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2084.JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

And started prepping the spoiler before paint
IMG_2085.JPG

Then pulled the car out for a wash before I start machine polishing
IMG_2093.JPG

Car needs to be lowered a touch in the front, and i'm not too sure if i will put the skirts back on or not?

good work. How's the seat position after installing recaros? Stock n15 seats are way too high and limited adjustents make it even worse.

good work. How's the seat position after installing recaros? Stock n15 seats are way too high and limited adjustents make it even worse.

Seating position is ok, it's a bit lower than oem seat adjusted to the bottom. I'd like it abit lower so might modify the frame if it bothers me.

Been a while since my last update. Got the car "finished" taxed and tested it. Flew through the test and just been driving and enjoying it, i've put about 1000km in the last month and i'm looking forward to the summer and just cruising around the place and hopefully getting in a track day towards the end of summer.

So i had got the spoiler sprayed, wet sanded and polished and put onto the car
IMG_2114.JPG

IMG_2115.JPG

IMG_2138.JPG

Cleaned the car, put in the fog lights and did the last few checks before NCT.
IMG_2139.JPG

First sunny day after the car was all legal went for a spin up a mountain pass but only got 1 pic from the day but will get more when i go up again at some stage.
IMG_2164.JPG

Wanted to re-paint my front bumper again as i wasn't happy with the finish it had and the shade was slightly off since the last respray.
While sanding it i was going to respray the splitter aswel as it had a few cracks in it, when i got a idea to try make a old splitter i had off a 200sx fit it coz it's free and I always thought the oem one was abit shallow.
trial fitting
IMG_2188.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG

shortened but cut a little bit short
IMG_2192.JPG

fiberglassed and filled
IMG_2194.JPG

Painting
IMG_2195.JPG

Primed and gloss black on splitter
IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

Gonna wait a few days before sanding and polishing and installing back on the car, can't wait to see what it looks like.

Also gonna try make my own intake pipe as my own one is all cracked. but do both the breather lines need to be connected or could the be run to a catch can and have one pipe going to the intake pipe?

Last edited:
After my intake hose splitting, I decided to try make my own pipe using a old 3" exhaust pipe, I ordered 14mm and 16mm pipe for my breather and silicone hose connectors.
I cut the pipe and connectors to get a rough idea during mock up.
IMG_2219.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

drilled the holes for the breather pipes
IMG_2225.JPG

Double checked fitment
IMG_2226.JPG

Welded the in place and made sure to keep it flush with the inside so as not to affect airflow.
IMG_2228.JPG

test fitted again
IMG_2229.JPG

looking good
IMG_2230.JPG

IMG_2232.JPG

Made a start at a heat shield for the filter. I know it should probably be fully enclosed but as i am not moving/relocating the battery it would be hard to make up a full enclosure for the filter. I think a shield should be better than nothing.
IMG_2233.JPG

IMG_2237.JPG Hopefully get it finished tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom