Steven C GTi

Alrighty!!!

Some of you know / suspected but I didn't want to post up 'till the previous owner sorted himself out with a car. I went down to Blackpool on Sat to pick up my second GTi. This is a car I'd wanted near two years ago but couldn't accord Nismo Billy's asking price when it was sold to Sneds.

Many of you will know the car as it's been in the club for a while now.

Here's a couple of phone pics of it parked up at work. StevenC "big cam" pics will be coming once it's been mopped and waxed.

166598_481467495795_537435795_6311538_3235822_n.jpg

168176_481467315795_537435795_6311534_1422187_n.jpg

168743_481467500795_537435795_6311539_8325838_n.jpg

The car has an impressive spec as it is and I plan to maintain it to a very high standard, while enjoying it at the same time.

V Reg 1999 PH3 GTi
87,000 Miles
JWT S3R Cams
XTD Pro-lite flywheel
ACT S1 Clutch
4-2-1 2.5" Manifold
MIJ 2.25" Exhaust
17" Rota Torque's in Bronze w/ Toyo T1-R's on the front
PI Springs
Braided Brake Lines
Lucino Grill
Sony 4x50w XPLOD CD Player
Uprated Rear Speakers

List of things to do, in no particular order:

Mechanical
- Get middle box / blowing exhaust fixed
- Give it a good couple of hits with the Makita / UDM to see the true condition of the paintwork
- Treat the rust on the 1/4's which due to age of paint may require full blowover
- Investigate why it's pulling lightly to the left. Could be tramlining on the 17's I guess but want to check the bushes / arms and tracking
- Re-paint grill
- Steering seems a bit heavy (guess it always will having gone from the Focus / Fiesta to this) and the level is a bit low so I'll top it up and look for leaks (doesn't seem to be leaking atm)
- Refurb / replace the rear brake calipers (good old sticky handbrake)
- RR to check the horses and fuelling, Nismo FPR if required...
- Re-Underseal

Upgrade
- Fit De-cat
- Rear beam bushes
- Front ARB bushes / drop links
- Coilovers
- Short shifter

Modify
- Lucino rear lights (maybe?)
- Clear repeaters
- Re-fit side bump strips??????
- Decide if I'm keepin the wheels or getting 16's...

I'd like to thank Garnz for selling to me. The big slab of man love looked like he was going to cry. I'd also like to thank Ross for taking me down and apologise for the blizzard banter on the way back up the road.

Ohhhh it's good to be back.

A warm welcome back to Almera ownership Steven. Lovely car and have liked it since seeing Nismo Billy's photo he posted on the Facebook Almera group. The wheels sell it for me and I've liked them since that day. Still very tempted by a set for my car.

I suspect tramlining too. I would imagine it's the low profile. My 205/45/16 tyres on the SSR wheels are doing similar whereas with the stock wheels and profile before it didnt do it.

P2 rears suit it imo, and I'd love to see it with the tommo rear splitter mod, and clear repeaters :)

gorgeous

one of few red GTi's i really get a knob on over, think the non-side strips look and bronze wheels is what does it. LOVE it

I'm fairly certain it is tramlining with the natural shame of the road, however I just want to be sure.

I really dislike the "tommo mod" to the rear splitter. Just looks like it' broken. I won't be doing that.

Keeping red nice isn't a problem once the groundwork is done. It just react worse to neglect than other colours.

Good stuff Steve. I loved how this car looked when i first met Billy. New timing chain and HG will mean it's good for a very long time.

Yeah steven was replaced because we had to take the head off! So thought might aswell just do it! There was no problem with old one at all!

Really glad you've bought this Steven. Hope you keep the rotas though as to me they've always looked 'right' on this car :)

There's no denying they look good but I am not a fan of 17's. 16's are the perfect mix of looks v performance for me. Especially when you consider the tyre (T1-R's / Similar) prices...

I respect the time and effort that's gone in to making it what it is, but I didn't buy it for it to be someone elses vision on my driveway. I want to start a new chapter for this car and put my own mark on it.

That's not top priority at the moment though.

There's no denying they look good but I am not a fan of 17's. 16's are the perfect mix of looks v performance for me. Especially when you consider the tyre (T1-R's / Similar) prices...

I respect the time and effort that's gone in to making it what it is, but I didn't buy it for it to be someone elses vision on my driveway. I want to start a new chapter for this car and put my own mark on it.

That's not top priority at the moment though.

I know what you mean, and I do love the 16's too. Like I say, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Back
Top Bottom