STOLEN 99' Spec Almera GTi

having had last saturday off, i decided to wash and polish my new car. haven't cleaned it since i brought it 3 weeks ago, and the drive back from southampton to brum really was harsh on the red paint work. so i pop'd round to my mates work place (peugeot bodyshop) to give her a good wash down and polish lol

funny thing, it does take a lil longer to clean than my last car (96' 306 dturbo) soon im sure ill start to love it more than my last car :rolleyes:

dirty, dirty, dirty..... and now clean, clean, clean blah blah lol

-

its not clean...believe me
DSCF1222.jpg

DSCF1221.jpg

DSCF1234.jpg

DSCF1219.jpg

DSCF1233.jpg

back in the wash bay, i used diamond brite stage 1 (paint cleaner/degreaser) AG super resin x2 layers. decided not to gloss or sealant it as im not happy with the state off the paint work as yet.

DSCF1238.jpg

DSCF1244.jpg

DSCF1241.jpg

DSCF1248.jpg

DSCF1240.jpg

DSCF1246.jpg

DSCF1253.jpg

DSCF1254.jpg

sorry no tree :lol:

DSCF1242.jpg

interior and engine bay next hopefully, any and all comments welkom

david

When you do use a sealant then i can only praise the Meguairs Mirror Glaze Number 16. Just used it on my Black Sri and the grime and salt just falls off. Last ages too, really durable finish. The difference in your before and after shots is staggering. Think you've put Reg P2 Gti's a notch higher on my next car list!

ah thanx a mill guys n for the very warm welkom. im funny about cleanning cars, before shows id clean my car over a 2 day period. i jus really enjoy it, never won any show n shine tho......... the drive there always mess'd up my hrs of hard work haha.

this was my last car....... peugeot ph1 96' 306xtdt

-

DSCF0513.jpg

DSCF0508.jpg

DSCF0524.jpg

DSCF0534.jpg

DSCF0623.jpg

not bad for a 12yr old car i guess

david

why did you use the super resin twice? the second coat will have just undone what the first coat did.
nice pics

Looks fantastic mate by hand or PC?

Get it undersealed if it hasnt been already too keep that rust at bay,

And pull out the boot carpets n have a look behind there for rust, Its a shame but Its what I can see alot of us losing our cars too, :(

Take the proper precautions whilst you can. ;)

You can use SRP in layers and it will layer up, its just not really worth doing.

Im suprised you havent waxed/sealed it at all even if your not happy with the paintwork, SRP WILL wash off, its not water resistant or anything and all those swirls/marks it was helping to fill will re-appear.

Possibly a big waste of time, Looked good after though!

Back
Top Bottom