Syv's N16 2.2 dCi daily-project

chopped some meat out of the mounting points, rubs way less but it's still there. Car is drivable, looks better too. +15mm hubcentric spacers.

09b221b2-f511-4399-a2cc-b79400cd4b1a_zpsmxt4tuyg.jpg

Reactions: edk
wish I could go a bit lower on the back :D coilovers are at lowest setting, could adjust perload to go even lower but then the rubbing will definitely return. Changed chrome door handles to black, also added wind deflectors. Thinking about tailgate tint, nothing too drastic maybe about 25%. Have to decide what to do with the exhaust tip, 2.5" pipe doesn't help the view.

Got some more decent photos with spacers on:
IMG_3833_zpsw2puahqa.jpg

IMG_3832_zpsgvfdqy7i.jpg

Can I ask have you fitted adjustable QT link for the Scott Russell rear beam (sorry can't recall if you mentioned this or not) as with the amount your lowered am sure it would assist with your alignment etc.

Sent from my  iPhone[emoji768] using Tapatalk

Can I ask have you fitted adjustable QT link for the Scott Russell rear beam (sorry can't recall if you mentioned this or not) as with the amount your lowered am sure it would assist with your alignment etc.

I haven't, first time I'm hearing about this actually :) It's made for B15 I suspect? Will need to do some reading about this one. There wasn't any issues with alignment though, one of cv joints slowly begins to make unwanted sounds when turning but that's what you get for being lowered. Will be changing that in next weeks.

what it needs is drop on the rear suspension, will try to lower it tomorrow a bit and see how it does. kinda sucks that you have to adjust preload on the meister r's to go lower, all n16's had this lifted back look. 215/40 on 8J wheel looks great wouldn't go any different tire size.

another 0.5cm lowered on the back, guess it's gonna stay this way. Not much more rubbing and no exhaust knock on the beam. Will try to find myself a 5mm spacer for the front and see how it looks.
db67017f-9497-4d30-ac3b-f1ada718b308_zpsmbzh50f8.jpg

Gathering stuff for the next big thing. So I guess it's time to decide about the MAP sensors pipe, should I try to mess with it and make a custom aluminum one with MAP housing or not. Any of you thinking about doing that in near future? @edk @Liam @Mad Maru
DSC_0042_zpsfcthymxc.jpg

DSC_0040_zps1yhw288h.jpg

Defo considered it just funds & time have held up play. Plan was to take stock pipe work to a pal who alloy welds and get him to make a custom pipe obviously with a larger diameter and for the sensor etc.

Well it does get really expensive if I decide to go further, hybrid T, ic and mapping, etc. I'm just not convinced enough to go that road. Boosting petrol would be cheaper and it will make more power. All these boosted n15s on the forum really made the influence.

Yeah I dont think boosting a petrol is cheaper, and although you get more power, you'll be drinking more fuel and burning through a lot more money than you would with a modified derv. If you're cool with that then fine, I just don't find your argument sound.

I think really you just want petrol boost, end of, and I can relate :D

Yeah I dont think boosting a petrol is cheaper, and although you get more power, you'll be drinking more fuel and burning through a lot more money than you would with a modified derv. If you're cool with that then fine, I just don't find your argument sound.

I think really you just want petrol boost, end of, and I can relate :D

yeah, I just want more boost :D It kinda upsets me to see friends with minimal effort and tight budget boosting civics (d15,d16 engines) and getting bigger numbers than you have. And I'm here planing to go big for a next season or a season after that, too late to the party I guess. Than the weight come to play and boosted derv still won't be good as petrol, not for straights, not for autocross. And don't get me wrong, I like it a lot. And If I'm to keep it, it will get some proper treatment.

I hear ya. The way I see it is that there will always be better performing cars out there no matter what you do, so I dont beat myself up about it and stick with the project. You're early days though so you have a chance to move on. What you thinking of getting now then? Boosted N15, go on! Stick a Quaife in there too and you'll be upsetting a lot of Civics.

I can see your point as I have a boosted petrol motor pushing 345+bhp and my slightly modified DCi also and would o be without the dci nope as the economy and power from upgrades is always welcome along with that 6th gear on a run. Both have their merits but unless you are doing most of the wrk urself or have the coin to strengthen the engine b4 boost then u are not factoring in the true cost with a boosted n15/sr20

I get it but 300+ bhp is another world. 260-270 would be more reachable goal without getting into engine rebuild thing. Low boost sr20 build shouldn't be that expensive. On the other hand boosted derv isn't that far off and maybe edk have plans pushing it further.

Back
Top Bottom