Syv's N16 2.2 dCi daily-project

Finished, leaving straight pipe for now, not too sure about the tip.. Really pleased how it sounds now, less turbo whistle and deeper tone. Going to borrow gopro for some better quality audio.

That's gonna sound loads (even) better under load though.

After driving it for a month now I can confirm that it really does, tricky thing is actually to record it properly. You really need to keep revs high and find a windless spot for filming it. No luck so far. :)

Anyway, got the boost gouge and some maintenance stuff. It has all mechanical vacuum hoses and stuff, should I bother with it or just simply find a pressure signal from the map sensor and wire that up?

DSC_0026_zps14707ede.jpg

Tap into the boost pipe. Either use the superfluous mounting thread on the MAP pipe and drill through that like Liam and I have done, or buy one of those hose tap inserts off ebay.

Could you make a photo of how that mounting thread setup looks like? Also I'm after a decent egt gouge, any recommends? Should be budget oriented

This was made by another member for me, but this is the location I mean. @Liam had something else cooked up he might be able to show you a pic.

Attachments

• DSC00730boostgaugepipe.JPG
    DSC00730boostgaugepipe.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: Syv
yeah got the idea now, this is the one restricting upgraded intercooler. Might be a lot easer welding some sort of thread on a pipe and hook it up straight into the intake manifold. IC upgrade was planned for the near future anyway. MAP housing relocation would be an issue in that case but sure it can be done.

Last edited:
yeah got the idea now, this is the one restricting upgraded intercooler. Might be a lot easer welding some sort of thread on a pipe and hook it up straight into the intake manifold. IC upgrade was planned for the near future anyway. MAP housing relocation would be an issue in that case but sure it can be done.
Yeah that MAP pipe is a big restriction and I've planned to change that section from IC to intake manifold for 2" custom pipes for a while. Just needs mounts for the MAP sensor and a take-off for boost measurement and it'll be reet.

Looks great Gunna be decating mins soon I'm running straight pipe with no mufflers or back box just a Leon styled tip at the min from the cat back

EGT kit arrived not a long ago, yet to decide if its pre turbo or post turbo setup. Downpipe installation would be fairly straight forward job. Taking manifold off (again) takes a lot more effort.

IMG_3770_zpse405ccd9.jpg

Yeah, but is it worth it. You did manifold egt sensor recently if I remember correctly, did the temps changed much compared to the old downpipe location?

Oh course. The point is that you get a more accurate and instant reading of temps from the manifold as the turbo absorbs a lot of heat.

latest progress has been slow but finally I'm back on track. All this time I've been trying to find the reason for restricted power, aka overboost/power loss. After cleaning all sensors, egr valve, air intake an even turbo refurb there was no difference. EML never showed up. Updating ECU with nissans newest software also didn't made any difference. Finally the fault was in this turbo control unit called turbocharger regulator. It's made by Pierpurg germany and as far as I know it controls vacuum flow. Part no. is PA6.6-GF 35. It's pretty rare, good thing it's made for other nissan models too, new one came from pathfinder and it was direct fit. My god the difference it made, even the sound from exhaust is a lot more loud and deep. Power now as it have to goes to 5k rpm with no struggle. So if anyone is having hard time finding cure for this occurring Fuel cut / overboost at around 3-4k rpm this should be the answer.

DSC_0196_zpsijwfbpco.jpg

Interesting any idea what is failing so a replacement is needed? Would be good to know in event that replacement fails eventually again?

Sent from my  iPhone[emoji768] using Tapatalk

Interesting any idea what is failing so a replacement is needed? Would be good to know in event that replacement fails eventually again?

hard to say, there's some sort of vacuum chamber and probably sensor within it. I had this kind of trouble since I bought the car so can't say how it all began, yet I'm very happy to see it fixed. There was few other folks with this kind of stuff going on around the web but it didn't cover any details on solving it. Guys at nissan told that this type of failures are extremely rare.

I contacted a seller & the code given isn't the part number it's the printed plastic material code.

try this than: 7.00265.01 14956 aw401
but again you should check yours for for exact part number, it may be different. Follow turbo actuator hose and you'll get to it.

had time to derust brakes, should have done this long ago. Turned out pretty well. Also 15mm spacers on the back, looks way better but the rubbing is back. Any ideas how to deal with rear bumper mounting point that causes it?

DSC_0212_zpsbdmzvqgr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom