Texas Pete ('99 GTi)

Some may know, others may not care, either way, meh. last night i picked up jedi's gti, it was too much of a bargain to miss. Si is being stripped (seperate thread when im ready so dont spam here thankyouplease :D) so its time to get some drive time in! for those that dont know ill put up a little 'look at me' thread, and keep it updated with the little changes i make to add my own touch. it was obviously a bargain, but came with a few niggles, only to be expected for a 9 year old car with 113.000 miles on it. desperately needs brakes, little rust spots appearing on the rear arches, maybe tires, has a few little fluid leaks, slight exhaust leak and just generally a little tidying here and there needed. id like to cover the parcel shelf to hide the speakers, i want some headrest covers to hide the screens and im gonna ditch the neons asap. spec list as it is now with my little changes on...

Interior & Ice:
Colour Coded Steering Wheel
Colour Coded Door Cards
Stealth Airmetal Pedals
Momo Gearknob
Momo Leather Shifter Surround
2 - Infinity 6x9's
Sony Explode Sub
JBL Amp

Exterior:
GTi wheels in black
Avon ZV5 front and BF Goodrich rear tires
Almera GTI Bodykit
25% medium tint allround
JDM Gti Grille
Heko Wind Deflectors
Punto Rear wiper mod
Clear Side Repeaters
Colour Coded Rear Lights
Colour Coded Numberplate Surround
Sharkfin Aerial
De-Badged Front and Rear
custom GTI Graphics
P1 shiteki vent
Nismo R33 GTR bonnet lip

Engine/chassis:

SR20de (182bhp 2 seperate Rolling Road prints to prove)
Powertech Induction Kit (with Heatshield and 3 cold air feeds)
JWT S3R cams
Hotshot Header
Janspeed s/steel catback system
Exedy Fast Road Clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
Unorthodox Pullies
Fidanza Short Shifter
Dastek Uni Chip
APEX Energy Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces as standard
Few Samco hoses
Red Dot front discs/oem pads

Now a couple of pics as jedi had it, ill put a couple of pics up soon now it has my old grill and suteki on... and despite popular belief, the car as a whole looks 100 times better in the flesh. enjoy.....

n151.jpg

P9160519.jpg

P9160512.jpg

Tom :)

nice one bet your over the moon, yeah ive met up with jedi a few times and his motor is lovely in the flesh, result, glad you like it, stufa :)

cheers lads, its really fuckin savage! scott should have dove it more! stereo will have to go as its ripspeed :/ (uncoordinated ball of ghey), took out 3 tuning friendly mates for a drive seperately tonight and it has impressed them which impresses me as 2 have gtir's, 1 is 450bhp, 1 is 350 soon to be 500bhp and the other mate has a 400bhp 33 gtr. will report back tomorrow. cheers!

It's a beaut tommo. Only realised this got sold because of Scott's status on Facebook lol. Got to say though shame the ole Si is being broken. It was a great looking car and for an NA 1.4 you sure seemed to have it flying :D Enjoy ;)

hell of a car for the cash man, p.s. traitor, GA warrior is dead lol but seriously well done on upgrading!

Nice one Mr tommo, Im sure you'll have it looking smart if the si is anything to go by (Dont like the bonnet though).Hope to see it at the next mids meet

Kinda glad its gone to you in a way, did seriously consider it at one point myself.

good times will have to take me for a spin, swap your Si bonnet ;)

cheers lads! Si bonnet is shit so it wont be going on, ill sort it after i have sorted the other bits and pieces first...

right i added a pic of the front end originally to the first post, and now some new ones. just to point out, today i changed the brakes to the red dots i brought off of stufagti a while ago, just to get me out the shit, there still shit but they work, think they need bleeding and brand new discs/pads. one of the pad carrier bolts was seized, snapped the head off, the other was the wrong thread on the bolt so raided the parts bin (Si) to get me back on the road... removed the neons, pissed about with the stereo (front speakers not working) washed it and took it out to its first meet. HUGE thanks to corbs and my neighbour mark for the help and support :)

cheers to hadyn and corbs for the pics :)

n605505987_1459389_4122.jpg

n605505987_1459382_2349.jpg

and the best one with the aggro front end...

tomgti1.jpg

cheers

tom

Back
Top Bottom