The New Guy

T

Tin

Hi all,

Need some advice.

Bought myself a 2000 5-door 1.6 SLX, last of the old model, last September. Great condition, 30k on the clock, £2500. Would've gone for a GTi, but I have no no-claims, and even the 1.6 is costing me £1k/year in premiums.

Unfortunately due to having far too much fun with the car's fantastic handling, since then I've pretty much stripped the tyres, and today the exhaust went while I was desperately trying to stay ahead of a Trans-Am (there were plenty of corners, obviously).

I was going to replace the alloys anyway so I'm not too bothered about the tyres, and I figure since it needs a new exhaust I may as well get a complete new system.

However, I need to get both sorted in the next week, so:

Wheels:
I'm thinking 17":
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=KNGK1770UN800040B

Unfortunately, I don't really know anything about exhaust systems. Any tips? I don't really want to take the cat off.

Question: What happens if you get stopped by one of those random Police roadside car condition checks and you've got no cat fitted?

Welcome to AOC hope you enjoy the site

Question: What happens if you get stopped by one of those random Police roadside car condition checks and you've got no cat fitted?
Well if you pass it you pass it if you fail then you will have to fit your cat back and go and report to the police station. I am not too sure if there is a fine on top of it.

Back
Top Bottom