Tino 2002 wont start after long idol period.

Hi All.

My Nissan Almera has been idol for a year and I cant get it started. At first no electric and a jump from a friend wouldn't work. The battery has been plugged in and showing an orange charging light over the last few days. Could'nt remove the battery. The charging light only appears when the engine ignition is open and the key is in. Now after a couple of days charging the electrics fire up when the key is in but only a single click and no engine. Battery light still hasn't gone green to show fully charged. I am basically plugging it in as soon as I get home from work and then unplugging it after around 5 hours. At the weekend it was charging for a total of around 20 hours over two days with a break in between. I'm not much of a car person and don't know what I am doing. I don't have a lot of money to spend on replacing anything major and the car is only worth around £400. It went through MOT in Dec and the guy told me it would run forever but then it's been idol for the last year and now I am trying to get it back on the road I need advise. I have a friend who is coming to help me try to jump it again since it's been charging for a while. Any thoughts?

Clearly the battery is nfg. I expect your key remote has stopped talking to the immobiliser and will need to be re-synced. The single click you hear is the solenoid switching on the starter motor. Check and clean all the electrical connections down to the starter motor and try again. And re-sync the key after replcing the battery. A good 2nd hnd battery from a scrapper shouldnt cost more than 20 quid.

Clearly the battery is nfg. I expect your key remote has stopped talking to the immobiliser and will need to be re-synced. The single click you hear is the solenoid switching on the starter motor. Check and clean all the electrical connections down to the starter motor and try again. And re-sync the key after replcing the battery. A good 2nd hnd battery from a scrapper shouldnt cost more than 20 quid.
Thanks for the reply. The Key that I got with the car was pretty messed up when I bought it. I think you're right but i'm insure how to re sync the key. I wouldn't know how to clean the electrical connections but i'll have a look online.

Back
Top Bottom