Tyres

So im considering buying a set of alloys and tyres, the tyres on them are 60 profile and the almera is 65,

is this a massive problem? ie new tyres or would they be fine?

I've had 55's and 50's mate, neither are too bad.. Depends what size the wheels are though also. If they are 15's then you'll probably be ok with 50's but if they are like silly 17's or something... May be a bit harsh lol

I`ve got 50s on my standard GTi alloys & they`re OK, when I had 50s on the 17s on the N16, if I went over a catseye, it was like driving over a brick! & that was with standard suspension! :eek:

The 65 & 60 profiles are the sidewall depth of the tyre that you mention are actually a percentage of the width of the tyres, so it will depend on the width of the new tyres.

(i.e. a 195/55/15 has a side wall depth of 107.25mm whereas a 195/50/15 has a sidewall depth of 97.5mm)

You want to work out the rolling radius of the old wheel/tyre combination and compare it to the new wheel/tyre combination. You can then see the actual difference. You want to obviously keep them as near as possible to each other.

just used a calculator, the tyres on these alloys are wider, and the difference is actualy only 0.87%... or 5mm,

so i think i can live with that.

the wheels are 14" same as my steelies

just used a calculator, the tyres on these alloys are wider, and the difference is actualy only 0.87%... or 5mm,

so i think i can live with that.

the wheels are 14" same as my steelies

Yeah, they'll be fine mate.

When i went to my 18's from the 15's it was like 1.5% bigger and that made my speedo read perfectly according to the GPS. lol

Back
Top Bottom