updates on the n14 vvl/ nos/ lsd project

Ah, so Martin has joined the N14 Fwd Sunny team, Game on :)

Jagy, you may not know I did initally want to go down the big power sr20ve route. Already had 3' exhaust, jmr, was looking for n1 cams.
Just weighing up the costs and power output to a turbo conversion let me to this. Going down the turbo route.
Nice White Sunny Gti above btw.

What comp ratio is your VE Andy? If its the 10.3:1 then you'll be fine with that turbo. 11:1 and you'll be at greater risk of det but then again you've got a good ECU to make it all work. Up to the tuner then.

My car is with them being mot'd.
Then the fault I last year with no vvl kick, I have not looked at it since, so they are looking at it now.

I will then sit with them, with all the turbo parts and chat about how we will go about the build.

They have mapped the car spot on so can't fault them.
We will open the car up and see how healthy she is. Not sure what comp it is.
But with all the thrashing I did over the last few years, aoc 1/4 mile days etc. It has never missed a beat.

Bog standard 20ve he has.

It will run out of puff anyway at higher revs unless he gets himself some better cams.

Why bother at all if you are only going to use substandard parts...

o_O Remember the car now was only mapped and power of 196 was at 7606rpm.
Was happy with that, the turbo will run up to 7800rpm.Again happy with that.
So where would it run out of puff sam?

Yes the ve can run to 9000rpm, but I don't want to take it that far YET...
If we can get to 300-320bhp mapped on this set up at 7800rpm cut off, I will be happy. That will be good enough for me. FOR NOW.

p.s I think the sr20ve is 10.3:1 , and the sr16ve is11:1. But some then say the sr20ve is 11:1.
The only way to tell really is to open up and take measurements.

Guess who's back...Wezz has competition...Lets go
944206_626529290698796_37209006_n.jpg

296282_626509524034106_652159661_n.jpg

ill be honest though if thats your spec ^, its not really a fair game.....

The 20v is 11.1

VE's need to breathe especially with a turbo on it.

The parts you have chosen won't let it breathe it will be held back.

Revving high on the 20ve cams is a bad idea but you know that from the last time you stopped by.

Simply because you made x power with a certain setup doesn't mean you will make y just because you have added certain bits, that's eBay tuning right there, next it will be your ht leads give you the extra 5hp.

Sit down shut up and listen to what you are being told and you will make good reliable power.

The guys on the dash have told you how good your turbo is...

Just try it andy, rather than copying other people, make it your own, thats what ive done with my build, ive not seen any other GTiR motor running the part combination that im using :)

With stock VE, 3" exhaust and 4-1 header you should see something like 210-220hp at least... dont know why you had such a low numbers.

Do not rev over 7500 rpm with stock cams and stock springs.

With stock VE, 3" exhaust and 4-1 header you should see something like 210-220hp at least... dont know why you had such a low numbers.

Not likely, thems exaggerated Yankee figures, be lucky to make 190,

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I never put the jmr, 3' exhaust, or N1 cams in.
My 196 was based on a stock Sr20ve .
I was saying the cost of doing all this was more or less the same if not more than doing a turbo conversion.

1. Sam stop getting excited, pipe down.
2. Has this conversion been done before? Yes
3. Has it worked and been successful? Yes
4. Has it been done in UK before ? Don't think so.
5. Has anyone on this forum actually done it- Sr20ve+t? No
6. Are your opinions based on first hand experience or reading others?

End. This is just a simple build thread. No need for some of these comments.

My car my money.
I will listen but those saying it won't work. i will not listen.

i think people who know there shizzle in this club are trying to give alittle friendly advice bud, either take it or dont its your car do as you please with it mate, if it works great, if it does then a problem or a blow up happens because there advice wasnt taken, just go doh to yourself, then learn from it, at the end of the day your car your way end of..

Remember Simmo, he can't be bothered to read other threads.

-phone-

Back
Top Bottom