urgent help needed - weird noise??

i am in need of advice urgently. i need to fix my car tomorrow as my baby is due any day and need car to get mrs to hospital!

i had a PAS leak from the pipe to the cooler in front of the rad. fixed it last weekend and refilled fluid. now i have a whirring noise when turning left over 40mph. this wasnt there until i changed the fluid. its been getting worse over the week. ive checked tyres - all ok, car passed mot no obvious faults ie bearings, tyres etc.

i dont think the pas fluid i used was dexron 3. would this cause the noise? it has become worse every day, but changes dependent on road surface.
would drainig the fluid and replacing with castrol dexron 3 make any difference?

please dont move this to the members only forum cos the car is costing me enough as it is, and i cant afford to subscribe until payday at end of month.

if it was the power steering pump or low fluid etc.. you would be able to hear the noise with the car parked up and the bonnet up. have you tried that ?

Firstly you've been a registered user since 2005 and posted 7 times so i doubt your in any rush to pay the membership lol. But that doesn't matter, we always try to help anyone on here, member or not. I believe that your fluid level is too low. Best thing to do would be to lift the bonnet and get someone to turn the wheel when stationary and see if you can hear those strange noises. There might be some air in the system too so the level might look alright.

fixed it in the end. turns out the fluid i topped up with wasnt the right stuff. drained system, flushed and filled with castrol tqf dexron III and its all good again.

i have decided i shant be registerng now, as i am a member on several other forums, all of which have much higher traffic, get swifter responses, and do not charge for membership. thanks for the advice anyway.

lol im member of other forums that are busier 2 but i bet most the advice is generally shit on there and the fact that they are bigger and have other fund raising activities.

and its not all about being another bill its about helping the site grow and develop.. which i feel my contribution will do... also it helps to get discounts as well.

think this way if your car insurance is 500 a year paying £16 saves u 50 so all's good. and if you then post solutions to problems that you encounter it will help other member to fix their cars without paying out big money too. which im up for and every 1 else on here probably is up for too.

so you go come back when there's another problem with your shit heap take what you want and then go again...

nice being a leech n all that eh?

1 last question are you on the dole too lol?????

gtitim said:
i have decided i shant be registerng now, as i am a member on several other forums, all of which have much higher traffic, get swifter responses, and do not charge for membership. thanks for the advice anyway.

:hand:

Is the best responce i can think of.

gtitim said:
That has got to be the best possible example of missing the whole point of this place! :roll: *wanders off shaking head*

I bet he took it to Nissan :rolleyes: & by not having access to the relevant part(s) of the site, got royally shafted & doesn`t even realise it! :superlol:

Back
Top Bottom