yes yes another sr20

hello all,

not been an almera owner for long, bought a standard gti in berwick upon tweed from a farmer that needed alot of tlc and tax and mot. But I got it for a bargain so I'm not complaining plus I always wanted a pulsar vzr so this was the next best thing :lol:

Not got pics of the full car yet cause of the shameful state and rust thats on it compared to some of the sweet motors on here but will be up soon. But in the mean time heres some pics of the story so far and some bolt-ons I've purchased for it.

BMC CIA
20072009028.jpg

Bride Tacho
20072009023.jpg

Sukairarkariarkrkarsi style indicator vent
10072009014.jpg

Obviously had to get an SR20 inside sticker and intake plate
20072009029.jpg

painting the rocker cover crackle red
28062009003.jpg

took the rear arches back to the metal as they were mega rusting and resprayed
28062009004.jpg

28062009005.jpg

crap picture of engine as it stands
10072009015.jpg

currently fitting a japspeed full stainless manifold and janspeed cat back system thats why the manifld is off but I made the unfortunate mistake of snapping a stud inside the block:wall: so its delayed me somewhat cause I dont have alot of spare time.

The front arches are also mega rusty, how easy are they to swap over for new ones?

anyway cheers for looking i'll keep the pics coming as the saga continues.

yeah cheers mate ... should have most of the work done on Saturday so I'll get some pictures up then. (although the front wings will prob be a different colour as I'm changing them over for newer ones ... need to save for a respray)

Welcome to AOC, thank god you didnt scrap it, will look forward to seeing some pics of the whole car :D

Hey guys ... had a CRAP weekend ... I HATE exhausts :roll:

Nah I had a good weekend but the exhaust was a nightmare, couldnt get that stud thats snapped inside the engine out then I couldnt get the stupid CAT separated cause the pins were rusted over. So I took a grinder to it and cut through the old gasket where the cat/exhaust meet but the pins are still stuck in the other side of the CAT ... DAMN!! So I threw in the towel and phoned a local garage whos gonna pick it up and sort it for me.

Anyway made a few changes so heres an update.

engine minus manfold
25072009036.jpg

new rocker cover
25072009037.jpg

new manifold
25072009042-1.jpg

25072009041.jpg

Removed spots that old owner had on ... nasty things
25072009040.jpg

the beast from the front
25072009038.jpg

mega rusty front arches
25072009039.jpg

anyway its away to get the rest of the exhaust sorted and an MOT (hopefully) so it'll be on the road soon.

YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS!!:D:D:D

yeah cheers lads gettin there ... I just wanna drive the thing now, I'd like to make the york ctr vs aoc drag. I love a bit of rivalry, bye bye vti haha:D

Ive only had one bolt that snapped cause it was rusty :)

Ive undone nearly every bolt now greased it and put it back in :lol:

Back
Top Bottom