You know Nymo.. now meet Stevo!

Corbalicious

Staff member
Yes thats right I bought that GTi off ebay! Got it back home last night after an arduous trip in the rain. As Nymo is no-where near finished and is my daily use car I am going to be keeping her and finishing her as intended, but I bought Stevo as a car for my girlfriend and a spare car (I'm also stealing some of the bodykit). Of course for the price I paid its not in the best of conditions, but I do like a project car!
It is a phase 1 bodykitted example from 1996, so its a few months younger than nymo.
It needs:
:: Service (Oil change etc.)
:: De-rusting and spraying on rear arches
:: Wheels balancing (Possibly - it was wobbling over 80mph)
:: May need a new SR20 at some point as this one has clocked up nearly 200,000 miles, which I think puts me in the lead for the highest mileage competition among AOC members... possibly :confused:
:: Tax - although it's being declared off the road until the girlfriends insurance is sorted out.
Not really essential stuff it needs:
:: Laguna or fibreglass splitter because I'm swapping the bumpers
:: Possibly spraying the current (Aftermarket) rims or swapping for standard GTi ones
:: Deglobing
:: Clear side repeaters
:: Phase 2 or tinted phase 1 rear lights
:: New head unit as this one is pretty knackered
Havent got any of my own pics, so here are a few off ebay:
stevo5.jpg

stevo2.jpg

stevo4.jpg

One more thing.... MY GOD ITS QUICK!
Oh, and Stevo - the name - is from CVO - the last letters of the reg.

So that's why you couldnt txt me back last night!

2 almeras and still in uni! you jammy little man!

Wobble at 80mph

Let me know if you solve this problem with shaking at 80mph as mine seems to do this, i had it tracked and balanced and it still does it so any help would be appreciated...

Ropaz99 said:
Let me know if you solve this problem with shaking at 80mph as mine seems to do this, i had it tracked and balanced and it still does it so any help would be appreciated...

its just one of them things. Drive faster till it goes away!

Simcard said:
its just one of them things. Drive faster till it goes away!

Not a bad idea :) but i would prefer to sort it out to be honest.
The old man reckons it some rubber bits wearing away around the arms?

Ropaz99 said:

Have your wheels got spigot rings in them? (plastic or metal ring that sits in the centre of the wheel at the back to bring it down to fit your hub)
If they havent this will also be the cause of wheel wobble at speed

Al P said:
Have your wheels got spigot rings in them? (plastic or metal ring that sits in the centre of the wheel at the back to bring it down to fit your hub)
If they havent this will also be the cause of wheel wobble at speed

I'll be honest i don't know what your talking about, but i'll have a look see tonight and maybe take some pics to get advice on.

Ropaz99 said:
I'll be honest i don't know what your talking about, but i'll have a look see tonight and maybe take some pics to get advice on.

You need to take you wheel of and look at the back of the wheel, In the middle of the wheel there is a round hole in there should be a plastic or metal reducer. This makes it the same size as your hub and will stop the wobble. If they are fitted take it out and put on your hub and make sure they are the right size and not to big.

Hope this helps ya mate

Al P said:
You need to take you wheel of and look at the back of the wheel, In the middle of the wheel there is a round hole in there should be a plastic or metal reducer. This makes it the same size as your hub and will stop the wobble. If they are fitted take it out and put on your hub and make sure they are the right size and not to big.

Hope this helps ya mate

Hi, none there, does anyone know what size i need or can you point me in the right direction?

Ropaz99 said:
Hi, none there, does anyone know what size i need or can you point me in the right direction?

Go to halfords or another motor factor and tell them what wheels you have and asked for some spigots to fit these wheels for an almera they will be able to order the right ones in for you mate

Hally said:
Thats right, I thought it was a fair price considering condition and mileage.
Would the wobbling go away if I just put GTi 15"s back on? As I was thinking of doing that.
And Ian, yes it did influence me, ;) I dare anyone to say they dont want one after going for a spin in yours!

Quick question about tax... Can I put it on 7-day insurance and then tax it on that?

You can insure a car thats not taxed, but you cant tax a car thats not insured, well you need a cover note and mot certificate to insure a car.

andrewb said:
do we have cam belts now??
Dammit... why do I get the feeling that I've made a mistake... :O lol. Sorry I know basically sweet FA about engines at the moment and the seller said due to the last recorded service being so long ago I should get the cambelt checked?

If the insurance certificate is only valid for the day you are taxing it, they will still do it.

Back
Top Bottom