You know Nymo.. now meet Stevo!

I used castrol 10W40, don't know much about oils and that was the recommended one. Got 4.5 litres of it for £25ish.

Will get some pics up when the rust is fixed, splitter and new alloys are on :)

I've used www.dayinsure.com when buying cars ot when going on road trips and insuring myself on other people cars, cost 10 bucks when i picked the gti up, same to drive my mates vr6.

Only thing is you have to print out your cover note so not sure if the post office would accept, but it may be worth a try

Girlfriends insurance quote (With Diamond):
Driving Since: March 2006
Car: Almera GTi

Quote: £1077/year

I'm going to cry, it's not fair!

Well my policy ends at the beginning of august so then I suppose, but I'm not renewing it, instead going to wait until september (when I'll be 20) so I get a bit more discount. From a few predictive quotes I did on the SRi, it goes down from £1600 to about £850 (More money for repairs/mods!).
Apparently with diamond you can put guys on the policy, but I'm not sure how much extra they would charge.

if you have a gap in policy's (e.g. between your insurance ending and your bday) doesnt it negate your no claims bonus? or is it only for larger gaps

my insurance didnt go down when i was 20:( thought it was 21 when the big drop came...

I didnt know that! :O may take out a policy on the micra and pay monthly, then cancel it in october (When I'm 20, and have 2 years driving and 1 years NCB) and re-open one on the almera.

My insurance is running out today. Not going to renew it, just gonna stop driving for a while:(. They quoted me £1500 and thats not even when Im first driver!

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

A few pics from the other day, the rust will be sorted soon!

you werent in scotland the other day were you, lol, i saw a black gti exactly like that with black gti wheels sitting in the car park for the cinema i was at...was pretty nice :)

needs lowered though. i like the rear lights, they look good, i'm starting to think about doing something different other than just sourcing p2 rear lights and sticking them on.

Yeah the SRi currently has plain GTi wheels on, will probably be staying that way though as I think this way round looks loads better! It does look lower with the old aftermarket (Cracked) alloys on, but I think thats mainly due to the lower profile tyres (Which will be going on the SRi's wheels this xmas hopefully).
The rear lights were done simply, by masking off the lower half of the lights and spraying thin layers of halfords tinting spray on, leaving enough time to dry in between coats, or you get bubbles. Then I added a few coats of clear laquer and voila! I rather like them!
Will probably tint the side repeaters too instead of getting clear ones.
Kieran - hope it wasnt in Scotland lol! It's been sitting outside my house since I got it!

Service history runs out at 43k so I'm not completely sure if this is the original engine.
Needs a splitter!

Woa! Tinting spray? Never heard of that. Shame black detail wouldn't really suit my car or Id be on my way to halfrauds right now.

K33 ELV said:
if you have a gap in policy's (e.g. between your insurance ending and your bday) doesnt it negate your no claims bonus? or is it only for larger gaps

my insurance didnt go down when i was 20:( thought it was 21 when the big drop came...

NCD is valid for two years from the expiry date of the policy.

Good to hear that, as with 1 years NCB my insurance halfs!

Anyway, the girlfriends Dad (Who drove a GTi before) has driven this one (Likes it :) ) and tells me he thinks the suspension has been tightened in some way, is this possible and how? As it's pretty obvious from the pictures that it hasn't been lowered at all. (Almeras sit so high at the front, it's ridiculous!)

Back
Top Bottom