My day at Powerspeed

edk

Addicted to Torque
Staff member
Today I got a custom stainless steel exhaust done at Car/Almera/Powerspeed in Kent. www.Car/Almera/Powerspeed.co.uk
2.5" mandrel turbo-back :D

Matt and Dave over at Car/Almera/Powerspeed are top guys who really know what they're doing. They're very accomadating and allow you to stick around and see what's going on. They welcome input all the way through to make sure they give you exactly what you want. It's a brilliant service. Also I didn't catch the other guy's name but he made a mean cuppa ;)

On the ramps

Stock
IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

Turbo. Custom flange was made for it.
IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

The large, heavy and restrictive pre-cat.
IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

BORE
IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

Now fitted to turbo.
IMG_2312.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

Final product :)
IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

Some great cars they had for projects and in for work. R32 Skyline with a T51 turbo... 650bhp, and a Delorean. They plan to bring it back to life and turbo it :lol:

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

So after driving it back home I can safely say it's made a great improvement. Spooling is definitely quicker as I find pulling away in 2nd much more forgiving, and I can now do 30mph in 4th with no problems (cons of diesel, but no more!) 6th gear is even more responsive and pulls at lower speeds now, even though it was bloody good stock! All in all I'm damn pleased and can't wait to get in and drive it again tomorrow morning Big smile

call me immature but 'flange' still makes me laugh

might be the student alcohol intake but meh,

HA

lol we can all be immature together cause I think the same :D

Nice! Much louder without the silencers mid pipe (if the 2.2 has them)? I nearly got mine taken out last week because they kept hitting speed bumps and I'm slamming her soon but turned out not to be necessary (just heated and bent the mid-section back up under the car) kind of regretting not just getting that done now as I'm sure it would have sounded nicer.

I had a Delorean come up behind me on the motorway a few months back and I thought my mirror had gone all wonky - they just look so sort of squished and too flat when you catch a glimse of them in the rear-view mirror.

Yep, Powerspeed do a good job (I've had some work done there myself), and Dave there is a knowledgeable bloke.

Oh right is it not a cat in the third pic then, but a silencer?

Yeah it's really good work, and like I say with great service along with it. Dave's been welding for over 25 years so you might says he's practiced.

After driving to work today I'm certain my mpg is going to go up as there's more torque and I'm finding less need to dip the throttle and I can also cruise in higher gears.

I asked for the least rude sound as possible. Obviously with the turbo the sound is reduced anyway. The silencer is straight through and the system gives a nice deep tone under hard acceleration and on tick-over there's more of a purr. Motorway cruising is great as it sounds no different than stock. Very pleased with that :)

interesting!

how much..?

£440 inc. vat. Well worth it for what I've got and the service.

Powerspeed were excellent when I visited, top job, and very helpful. I can't believe how cheep yours was? The exhaust on Leigh's Almera GTiR cost £700 incVAT for a turbo back.!

Back
Top Bottom