N16 / N15 Anti bump steer kit from 2JR

edk

Addicted to Torque
Staff member
Another good one from 2JR (based in the US). If your car is lowered it throws the track rods out of wack so these help correct the geometry and reduce bump steer and also improve the turning circle which is pretty poor with the Almera anyway.

Quality material and track tested.

http://www.2j-racing.com/

Joe@2J-Racing;566873 said:
WP_20121218_008-1.jpg

WP_20121218_011.jpg

WP_20121218_016.jpg

2JR Bump Steer Kit V2 (b13-b15) said:
Regular Price: $189.99
SPECIAL PRICE: $124.99

Quick Overview
The long awaited and obsessively tested "drop in" bump steer kit for the B13, B14 and B15 (all models) is finally available for pre-purchase on a Group Buy. Made from forged steel and billet aluminum, our bump steer kit drops right in the Sentra spindle with no modification. This means no drilling, cutting, etc and the ability to change back to stock. The heim joints are sealed from dust and debris for long life and include forged spacers for Sentras that are stock height, to low and extra low. Our kit will make your car easier to drive by providing less kick back through the steering wheel when bumps are encountered. In addition, the kit will significantly reduce tire wear by reducing the amount of toe change and therefore scrub that the front tires are subjected to. You WILL need a front toe alignment after the install.

Ships 12/31

Included in the kit are:
(2) Forged Tapered Bolts
(4) Forged Spacers / Height Adjustment
(2) Sealed Heim Joints
(2) Billet Aluminum Tie Rod Ends
(1) Associated hardware, install instructions
Quite pricey... How much do you think it'd cost all in to arrive at our door?

Looks like a good fix that. I was looking at making some a while ago with spherical bearings but having adjustment on the pin (taper on this kit) to allow for any amount of lowering.

Quite pricey... How much do you think it'd cost all in to arrive at our door?
Person most qualified to answer that would be Joe at 2JR. Or you can go through the checkout process on their website which now calculates shipping to UK. Then of course customs and handling on top but with the exchange rate it isn't too bad for a decent bit of kit.

Looks like a good fix that. I was looking at making some a while ago with spherical bearings but having adjustment on the pin (taper on this kit) to allow for any amount of lowering.
It comes with spacers to change where the track rod end sits on that bolt so it's adjustable depending on how low the car is :). You can see the gold / brass colour sheath in the first pic.

Yeah I saw that in the ad. Spacers make sense but I was thinking of a threaded stud with a lock nut for full adjustability. You can buy the bearings for reasonable price. To be honest I was looking at it before I started in Engineering. Would probably take a day and a few bits of scrap from the rack now.

Rose joints on a daily wouldn't be a good idea.

Increased noise,
Very skittish on the motorway,
Need replacing regularly. Etc etc

Whiteline don't do a spesifiic kit designed for the N15/N16 but if one found a car with the same thread could be onto a winner.. kit for a subaru for refference..

3097.jpg

Been waiting for my goodies since may, as the 2j ball joints are still in the making but should be receiving any day now (I hope).

Bit of story there Liam, first they revised the design (awesome :)) but then Joe of 2JR was moving house and had a back orders of loads of other parts. All that combined meant he said they were due to ship out start of August. With our order your shifter bushes will be. I'll chase up Joe tonight via PM, hopefully his move went well and is back on it.

Yeah he's had a lot on his plate recently poor guy, that would be great if you could chase him up. I wanted to add shifter bushes too have sent pm a while back but don't know if its been confirmed..?

Back
Top Bottom