Service light reset guide

E

ellingtj

Just done this on my N16 and it worked.

N16 Service light reset Etc

SELF DIAGNOSIS and CONFIRMATION/ADJUSTMENT MODE
1. START ENGINE.
2. TURN AUDIO SYSTEM OFF.
3. WHILE PRESSING THE INFO SWITCH (on the dash, not the steering wheel remote),TURN THE VOL CONTROL 30 CLICKS OR MORE (dosen't matter which way).
When self diag and conf/adj mode is started the screen will display SELF DIAGNOSTIC and CONFIRM/ADJUSTMENT.
Select CONFIRM/ADJUSTMENT.
Select SERVICE.
You should be able to reset and make any adjustments on the screen displayed.
If you need to go back a screen at any stage, use the "BACK" button.

What model N16 have you got, P1, P2, S, SE, or SXE? :confused:

I have the P2 SE, so just want to make sure it`ll work before I do it.

Thanks.

Almera Guy said:
What model N16 have you got, P1, P2, S, SE, or SXE? :confused:

I have the P2 SE, so just want to make sure it`ll work before I do it.

Thanks.

I thorght that it sounds like a P2 but then again My P2 Mera does not have a Service light (or I never seen one)

Darren198712 said:
I thorght that it sounds like a P2 but then again My P2 Mera does not have a Service light (or I never seen one)

I`ve not seen one either, so it`s either a P2 SXE, or they think that the engine fault light is the service light (which it could double up as), but I`ve recently had mine serviced (@ the proper interval) & no lights came on, so am a little confused.

Hi all,

I'm new here, I have a '53 plate Almera S, 1.5. My old man is a time served mechanic and has just serviced the car for me because the service light was on on the dash, I tried to follow the advice here to turn off the service light however my car doesn't seem to have an info button on the stereo at all, it has the CY450 stereo in which looks like the one below (if the piccie shows alright) am I being dumb and looking in the wrong place for the button?

Nissan_CY450_PN-2424M_28185-BN800_C.jpg

I`ve not seen one either, so it`s either a P2 SXE, or they think that the engine fault light is the service light (which it could double up as), but I`ve recently had mine serviced (@ the proper interval) & no lights came on, so am a little confused.

I have a Phase 2 SXE - when the last service was due, the sat-nav screen comes up green with a little service is due message. It comes on every time you switch the car on until it's serviced or reset.

Just done this on my N16 and it worked.

N16 Service light reset Etc

SELF DIAGNOSIS and CONFIRMATION/ADJUSTMENT MODE
1. START ENGINE.
2. TURN AUDIO SYSTEM OFF.
3. WHILE PRESSING THE INFO SWITCH (on the dash, not the steering wheel remote),TURN THE VOL CONTROL 30 CLICKS OR MORE (dosen't matter which way).
When self diag and conf/adj mode is started the screen will display SELF DIAGNOSTIC and CONFIRM/ADJUSTMENT.
Select CONFIRM/ADJUSTMENT.
Select SERVICE.
You should be able to reset and make any adjustments on the screen displayed.
If you need to go back a screen at any stage, use the "BACK" button.

Just to confirm this resets the top service indicator out of the 3 user service indicators ??

Just done a full oil and all the filters change on mine and as others have said its one of the easist vehicles to do, although I did have to take the whole fuel filter carry off the bulk head to change that as I couldnt get my normal cart removal tool in there.

Back
Top Bottom