Brake Dust

Chris180

Events Moderator
So what do people recommend for removing brake dust? Kind of ignored giving my wheels a decent clean and regretting it now.

Wonder Wheels or brick acid, but dont get any on you or on the tarmac!

It works quite well but if you havent cleaned your wheels for a while they will most likely be slightly pitted :(

Trug

i used "muc off" brake disc cleaner... you get it from halfords... its for bikes but i thought i'd give it a go and it worked pretty well

I just use Halfords own alloy cleaner. :O

Spray on, work in with a dry cloth, then wipe off with a damp cloth, works a treat! :)

To be fair Pel he did offer something different and some people (not many, right enough, but some) can use the search so it might be useful.

Disclaimer: I was going to post the same thing until I read his post.. and yours.. and then the date.

Yeah posting to an old topic is fine if it contributes. In fact i encourage it. Using the search can never be a bad thing.

-phone-

So what do people recommend for removing brake dust? Kind of ignored giving my wheels a decent clean and regretting it now.
Try using simple "cheapo" spray foam oven cleaner ,spray it all over,it will not damage tyres etc...leave for 5 mins then scrub with one of those green washing up pads ,then wash off.
You may need to do it twice to get rid of the muck,etc.

Back
Top Bottom