Chunkys Pulsar GTi

This is as it sits now as said just waiting for the end of the month to get the clutch :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373744184031.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373744184031.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 78
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373744230986.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373744230986.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 78
Right, so I have been a bit slack with getting this done because of other commitments and also I have sourced a unit and a daily car so I can do this without panicking if anything goes wrong or takes longer than expected ;)

So work started properly today after rearranging the unit a little:
uploadfromtaptalk1375633463715.jpguploadfromtaptalk1375633479273.jpguploadfromtaptalk1375633490908.jpguploadfromtaptalk1375633501696.jpguploadfromtaptalk1375633514370.jpguploadfromtaptalk1375633526416.jpg
....Phone....

Good swift progress here, I like.

Personally I'd be worried about twisting the front end by just lifting on one side.

is it in yet lol...

good work bud... glad to see it coming together... the cars not doing too bad considering this will be its 4th engine lol

Personally I'd be worried about twisting the front end by just lifting on one side.

Really? It's what I've always done. The tow hook is supposed to be able to be used to drag the whole car after all.

Nice Mike :) Jealous of that lockup considering the work I'm doing on my car right now. But then I guess you are paying for it :) Can't wait to see this at the shoot out!!!

I wouldn't be considering the main weight of the engine is out, and the fact its pivoting on the rear wheels.

Tow hook isn't a lift point though, designed to pull a rolling car. I know the engine is out but still there is the rest of the cars weight to pivot.

I'm just too picky when doing things like this.

Not saying it will twist lots but when people get laser alignments. It might pull things one way ever so slightly. Might.

Anyway, when is the new organ slotting in?

New organ is going in very soon ive got the alternator and a few other little bits moved over to the new lump tonight and I will be cleaning the chassis and bits over the weekend and await for the clutch to arrive (should be soon)

....Phone....

Poor old engine looking sorry for itself, new loom fitted, new belts and a good scrub of all the other bits. New boots to come for the inner shafts and a scrub of the gearbox

Also found why my gears felt slack and the engine had more rock than normal whilst doing all this....the linkage support bar nuts were loose and the bracket on the back of the engine for the rear mount was loose as shit :/ locktighting that all up now :)
uploadfromtaptalk1376084534432.jpg
....Phone....

Last edited:
Few more updates I've mostly been waiting on parts so haven't been doing too much here but the engine is ready to go in now, just need to get it off the stand and fit the fly/clutch then clean the gearbox and fit that also :) engine should be in either tomorrow or thursday depending on how other bits go :)

Poor old engine :/

Fitting the Apexi SAFC to the loom now otherwise it's a pigs arse when it's in the car to solder it all :)

Then some Presents arrived :)

All Done :)

Then on to cleaning the bay as it was FILTHY! I've already used 10ltrs of break cleaner and copious amounts of water to clean and de-grease the poor thing! fucking CV boots are the bane of my life!

Getting there!

You can actually see the pipes and accompanying parts now!

Fitted the braided lines ive had for AGES too! lol

Cleaned and set the preload (2.5mm) on the BC's and set the ride height correctly this time round.

also got new brembo discs and Redstuff pads too :)

Cleaned all the bits and bobs up and began getting the car together again :)

All Clean ( only took a damn day near as damn it!)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom