Darchitect's GA16DE to SR20VE

Respect to yourself mate! :thumbs:

You'll need to record an outing in this beast of yours to give us a taste of what it's like on the open road

Show us all what we're all missing out on - VVL POWER!!!

Campaign this for a fecking ingenuity award let alone a sticky! :D

TallPaul86 is right, id also love to see a video of this beast unleashed, any chance Darchitect? Pretty please? :D ;)

Mick

I didn't have much time when I didn't have kids so to have one now and another planned in the not too distant future is already slowing me down let alone the car lol.
Cheers for your comments people and I would stick up a video if only my damn camera would work however, I'm waiting on the Greddy to be installed sometime before JAE before uploading a video and an RR. I haven't even stretched it's legs yet as it's unsafe and quite difficult on UK roads but just as a taster I drove to Paris over the weekend and managed 120mph@4000rpm with a predicted 3200rpm left, I wouldn't go any faster because the noise from the exhaust was quite scary. Having a kid has actually made me more responsible so I won't be speeding in this country... Best leave it to a track.

Darchitect said:
I drove to Paris over the weekend and managed 120mph@4000rpm with a predicted 3200rpm left

Did I miss something ?? I thought you has a GTi gearbox on it...so how the hell did you get 30mph/1000rpm ???

I do have a GTi gearbox, maybe I didn't explain thoroughly, I was in 5th gear at 4000rpm and the speedo showed 120mph. The car's still pulling and the rpm limit is roughly 7200rpm (hence the 3200rpm left), the GPS says I'm going 3mph slower than the speedo. Hope that makes sense?

You explained fine but 4000rpm with a GTi box is about 86mph. So either the speedo is out (not according to the GPS) or your tacho is out.

With your oversize 215/40-18s you will be at 93mph at 4000 rpm in 5th.

If you've not got anything plugged into the solenoids that controll the VVL, does that mean it's just running as non-VVL engine? Effectively, a more powerful DE? Of have I just asked something stuipd?

--Tommy

beretta93r said:
If you've not got anything plugged into the solenoids that controll the VVL, does that mean it's just running as non-VVL engine? Effectively, a more powerful DE? Of have I just asked something stuipd?

--Tommy

No it really means he's got a badly running VVL or lack of it, as its not talking to the ecu to open and close the valves at the right time to give maximum power and torque that should be expected from this engine now! :)

Sparky-marcky said:
No it really means he's got a badly running VVL or lack of it, as its not talking to the ecu to open and close the valves at the right time to give maximum power and torque that should be expected from this engine now! :)

Won't that damage the engine? :confused:

--Tommy

Darchitect said:
I've got the Greddy MSS talking to the VVL now... Expect a seperate write up soon as it was b*tch to get it working!

yeah, i've heard this off a few people, supposedly it can cost as much to install as to buy the mss!!!!

ive just read through it and i have no idea what any of it means!

which means i am impressed :cool:

aye this is a great write up mate,

been studying it lately as planning of doing the same,

but a gti engine into the sri

Cheers mate... I think 5 doors are the only Almeras worth putting in an SR20DE as Nissan never intended to produce any... quite a few have done so with 3 door SRi's and Si's etc., each to his own, like me, spent too much to part away from it than to buy a new GTi.
I ended up with this VE block as my benchmark for greater things because if I intend on keeping this 5 door longer than I think then 300bhp+ would be a lot easier just by turboing/supercharging later on than from a standard SR20DET. Who knows, when my daughter's old enough to refuse to get in to it I may just convert it to a track monster or sell it to a tuning company as a demo car.

As far as I'm aware they don't, they don't even have a GTi or any 2 door for that matter. They do have the VE variants of the engine but most of them just swap to the SR20DET from the U13 Bluebird's or S13 200SX's.

Back
Top Bottom