Engine light (Check) appears and car stops [GX 1400, 1995]

Hello there, I hope someone will be able to give me good hints to solve an issue.

As stated in the title, I from time to time have the CHECK light engine popping up on the dashboard.

The problem is the car suddenly stops some time after the lights has appeared (not all the time).
If the car stops, I have difficulties to start it again, It can takes several minutes to start again.

I want to mention, It's only difficult to start the car after I have the problem. In the morning
when I start it to go to work, It have no trouble. (From what I've noticed till now at least).

Also, the car (the engine) only stops when I'm nearly stopped or driving slowly , tipycally in a traffic jam or while waiting at red fires.
When driving on the highway, even if the light appears, I see no problem. It's only when I drive slowly the car stops. (Not all the time... that's all the problem, It's hard to identify the problem because of this I guess).

Due to this issue I went to the mechanic (NISSAN), they put their computer on the car and "sensors" diagnosed
two problems.

-> 1) The throttle body

-> 2) Engine heat

For the throttle body, they told me that was probably due to the fact It had to be cleaned. They tried to clean it
the first time I went to diagnose the issue as they could as they didn't demount it.

As I still had the issue, I went to the mechanic again, and that time they demounted to clean the throttle valve...

Unfortunately, troubles are still there.. exactly the same !

That was quite expensive, and I can't afford to go there again, I'm looking for someone to give me some hint about what could cause that.
Then I could expect to fix it.

The car is quite old (20 years) and has already more than 205 000KM but a part that, It still works great...

P.S : Sorry for my spelling, I'm from Belgium and my mother language is french...

Greetings to all of you.

The throttle body has caused the check engine light because it is faulty, not dirty.
Replace it.

Ok, then I guess I can expect the car to not stop when driving slowly from time to time... right ? That's the main issue I have.

How difficult is it to replace ? Knowing that I already changed some pieces like the clutch or the ball joints ?

Thank for your answer.

Back
Top Bottom