Exhaust System Advice

shameless plug for our man phil at unique exhausts in stafford. does exactly what you ask. size, shape, noise (within reason), mandrell or crush bent, whatever. everyone i know that has used him has been happy with his work. me included, many times........

got to big up phill aswell he has done every car of mine always does whats asked of him awsome quality and very good prices.. :cool: infact he will be doing the saloon soon :D

Have you got an email address for Phil mate? Probably too far to travel for an exhuast but I might as well get a quote!

dude works from a unit and is fully booked because he does damn good work.. id rather go with someone who hasnt got e-mail but is fully booked than a company who has no customers and time to spend on a computer... just a thought

Ah if it's because he has enough customers already then I understand. From what you said I thought he just wasnt using email because he doesnt believe in it or something. I would assume that companies with email address (and i mean recommended ones not shit heaps) would have someone of sorts to check email and answer phones while the real engineers do the work. I guess that's larger companies with staff though.

Alunox just quoted me £280 for mandrel bent SS 60mm dia turbo back :eek: Damn that sounds too good to be true but looking at examples of their work and what they work on I think it's just a very cheap price for what you get. 3 1/2 hour drive for me though :rolleyes:

''mandrel bent SS 60mm dia turbo back ''

ball ache come MOT mind. no idea how the cat is fitted to these.
is it a bolt on bolt off jobbie like the petrols??

david

Not sure but I've since called Pro-Speed who recommend a sports cat for that exact reason David. Alunox said I dont need one.

Pro-Speed quoted me a potential £550 but that may come down. That's for Mandrel bent full SS system. 3" from turbo into flexi into sports cat>then 2.5" down to backbox.

I've heard of someone doing this type of step size system before. It's a lot more from Pro-Speed but I guess if you throw in a sports cat for Alunox as well they may well be similar costs, and Pro-Speed is closer to me.

EDIT: Diesels don't have to legally have a cat. Only petrol ones. So I can in fact run no cats at all. Also I spoke to Alunox again and the guy does MOTs and he knows he can pass diesels with no cats. Otherwise Alunox would put another £220 on for a sports cat.

no need for a cat then :D 3" to 2.5" sounds like a decent system, lack of back pressure there which is what it needs :D

Yeah that's what I thought :D I've gone for Alunox, and when I'm there I'll see what their thoughts are on the 3" to 2.5" system. With this and no cat that'll give me 6 more brake. Doesnt look like I'll get it on the rollers first though but at least I can estimate back to what stock was when I do.

With this and no cat that'll give me 6 more brake.

I dont understand this ed, do you mean the whole system will give you 6hp over what you have now? or the 2nd setup has 6 more hp than the first suggested one?

£280 for 6 horsepower? Will it really make that much difference? Apart from making a different sound.
Not meaning to sound like a wet willy but it does seem a lot for little gain.

How much would you expect from an exhaust though? I hoping it will free up the engine a bit more, esp. as it's turbo. Taking two cats out and enlarging the bore surely would give gains? Honestly though I don't know, only what I've heard and read. Bear in mind this is the first step of many, so the stock zorst is a potential big resriction when I'm getting to 160-170bhp.

Oh and I'm not bothered about sound. Told everyone that I wanted to keep it quiet.

Back
Top Bottom