Exhaust System Advice

Tbf a new thread had been started that was merged with this because it was the same topic/discussion, and the old thread could help the new poster. Keeping the forums organised ftw I say ;)

shame you don't live in the North east m8. AAS is the best quality i have seen. Theres been a few on here who have used them as well. I say custom places are generally the best as the general quality of the likes of powerflow has neva been brill. I think its sort of 50/50 depending on who you get wiv them like.

Jason K speaks the truth, they really have one of the best reputations in the land. I was recently quoted for custom manifold and sports cat which came to £375 and £245 respectivley. Got to start saving some cash!!!

I'm booked in with AAS on the 1st of July. They have such a long waiting list which suggests they're popular, just a shame about the wait :(
All good things and that....

£375 for custom manifold?! Good pirce! Powerspeed quoted me £600 for a custom manifold.

yeh people say AAS are awesome, but i went to MIJ cos they're closer, and gotta say they seem awesome too :D

custom definitely the way

P5150263.jpg
P5150264.jpg

well chuffed

My system has recently been done there and i need to go back due to the system knocking on the underside of the car when i go over bumps. They'll sort it for free, but its still an inconvenience i could do without.
An exhaust is an exhaust at the end of the day. Anything not `standard` is more likely to knock or rattle on something without fine tuning ( especially on a lowered N15/n16 because of the rear beam axle ).

I`d get a mandrell 2.0" MIJ system

I go with Rowdy on that one. my car is stupidly low and they managed to clear it only problem I am having is speed bumps. if I can clean the front splitter I worry about my side skirts if I clear my side skirts I worry about my exhaust. I try to avoid speed bumps as much as I can. as Rwody said a non standard exhaust is more likely to knock and rattle. I think MIJ did a fab job of the welding work and when they crush bent the pipes there was not too much size reduction.

Can you get a pic of how it connects above the axle please Craig?

Ta.

if your asking any bolts and flange there are none its a one piece system

N16 Exhaust

So i was well chuffed when driving around today and my exhaust sounded a little louder today, got home and had a look.. seems that the exhaust had snapped/rusted through behind the bolts on the backbox. Im a total novice then it comes to the actual mechanics of things so just a little bit of advice im after.

Looking through the rest of the posts ive found a couple of local places near me in Cannock. Unique Exhausts, and MIJ Performance, all im after is a basic replacement is there any advantage in getting a stainless system apart from the sound and how much more do they actually cost in comparison with a non-stainless replacement.

As i said im a total novice but i joined up to try to learn as much as i posibly can. Any help would be nice.
(Didnt want to necro old thread)
http://www.almeraownersclub.com/threads/24110-Exhaust-System-Advice

Dont worry about necro posting if the thread in question is relevant. Any technical threads are fine to amend posts to :). I've now moved your post to that thread.

and well done for using the search effectively :thumb:

Personally i'd recommend Unique exhausts, good quality andnot too pricey. But if you want standard (quiet) be prepared to pay as some places charge extortinate prices.

I'm in Rugeley by the way :lol:

Reactions: Nex
Unique exhausts in Stafford is fantastic, Phil just makes what you ask for, doesn't tell you what you need or anything else.
Alternatively you can probably buy a standard replacement part on ebay or buypartsby.

Stainless steel will last a lot longer you can choose your exhaust tone and style tip and they tend to be actually cheaper than standard now adays

Well the truthfull answer is i dont know what i need, I used to work in Rugeley back of GBP where Todds used to be, and Unique exhausts is just round the corner from the Stafford branch of the company i work for (Plumbers Merchants)
Will have to phone Phil tomorrow and get a rough price from him

Got the Exhaust sorted by phil esterday, £240 and no bullshit from him. All he said was "Another Almera? the lads from the forum send you over?" Looks like he gets a fair bit of busness from here.
Anyway would highly recomend him.

Back
Top Bottom