Exhaust System Advice

Alrighty then boys and girls. I'm thinking Phil will be the recommended guy for me but it's a fair old way to go up. Basically I got my exhaust checked today and I was told that I need a new backbox and mid pipe which would be 170 quid for just standard and the flexi is ok but not leaking yet which is good lol.

Now I want an exhaust made up that won't rust. I'm planning to keep the car a while but I'm not minted by any mans so what I am looking for is either a 2 " or a 2.25 mandrel bent ideally which won't bore me like my old one did on my old car but I want a bit of noise mainly from outside rather than deafening me inside ideally with a tip similar to this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260873230958?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any recommendations of anyone in the south who are actually pretty good as I really don't want to waste my money as it's not the best time for this to need to be replaced but I suppose I'd rather get it done rather than go standard then pay more

Cheers

Ryan

As per what's said in this thread, Powerspeed in Kent, and Pro Speed in South Wales are good. Bit further up there's MIJ in Brum, then for good AND cheap try Phil at custom exhausts in Staffs.

Don't expect a cheap quote, but what they make it very very good.

That's cool. I've got a quote from Pro Speed a while back which was 178 quid inc VAT for a backbox so for the mid section I can't see it being that much as surely it'll be less effort than the backbox?

I guess I shall just sit and wait and see what comes back from them :)

I don't mind as long as it lasts even if it's crush bent not Mandrel bent but I just want something that is going to last and not be total crap and rust away as going from the history of the MOT's mine was replaced 3 years ago so if I'm planning on keeping her then I may as well bite the bullet and see what the deal is :)

Longlife quoted 360 for a full system too btw :)

Well Powerspeed use Magnaflow boxes. I got mine done there. So the price of a box, say £120 plus the materials and time for custom work. I'd say a CAT-back to cost £300-400 there.

+1 for Powerspeed. Got my MR2 done with them via Longlife. Top blokes, really know their stuff. It's where the Almera will go if I ever get that far with it!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner

dunno if this a proper place for the question, but instead of creating a thread I'll go ahead here.

2.2 dci 136 engine, should I know anything about sensors and check engine lights after going for free flow exhaust system? no cat, from turbo straight to back box. I am pretty sure there are sensors in the cat and probably in other stock exhaust places, how you guys solved this one?

No sensors at all. Turbo-back exhaust with no CAT will be fine.

-phone-

Reactions: Syv
I have a Full exhaust system with no problems, but would like too get Decat pipe any idea on cost, my cat is gutted, but would be good to save a few kgs from that heavy piece of junk.

Mine cost £420 in from Powerspeed 2008. Try Phil at Unique Exhausts though probably cheaper, and MIJ in Brum.

-phone-

Thanks mate, I know the price of the whole system, but wanted to know how much it would cost roughly for a decat pipe only. I would have gone to Powerspeed if I hadn't bought Jays system already.

No one has done it before so you'll need to get quotes Im afraid. Not just a simple straight pipe pipe like on the N15s.

-phone-

Back
Top Bottom