For anyone wanting an outer cv joint for an almera gti...

hmm, part # TDL9511R sounds VERY familiar. i did post a pic on here of the offending parts, maybe someone could look for it.
i'll see if i have the pictures still on photo bucket.

IMAG0176.jpg

thought so, do not use these, or this will happen.
IMAG0178-1.jpg

Ill take a hub off the carbq tomorrow and put an n16 shaft in. I only have ghey mobile net which doesnt like uploading so ill have to text the pics to someone to upload.

Scratch that, ive got SR inner and outer CVs in the garage, so ill conpare them to the QG shaft.

yeah, watch that mate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, my ones looked spot on, and were a nice tight fit,fitted by my mechanic who ive had for 6 years,and it was about 100yards down the road,then sod all. had the right amount of splines,size was correct.
it looks like it was the internal chamfers that caused the fail (on the c/v) bloody expensive week that was :(
what were they shaft tec cv joints? And how the hell are they still selling them if they all fail? Did you get any comeback from it?

@ green-gti.
the supplier would not accept responsibility for the damage,as they are listed as the correct part, neither would they refund my money for the parts, or the £350 for the hire car i had to get to go on holiday the following week,or cover the cost of s/hand shafts and c/v joints.
all in, i was about £600 out of pocket. i did look into legal action,but i was told it wouldn't be worth the trouble,as first you have to find some one to lay the blame on. also ( and this was the real bitch of it all) this happened last august,on my birthday.
This is why the part number was easy to recall, wont forget that in a hurry. shortly after this i got rid of the GTI, it was never the same after this,and as much as i loved driving it, it was a money pit.

Maybe they are less forgiving with lowered cars? Or was it not lowered?

-phone-

Why are they so dear for a almera,hell primera driveshafts and cv joint are around 27quid posted LOL from ebay !

And there decent too,i have both sides new,no issues so far either !

Why are they so dear for a almera,hell primera driveshafts and cv joint are around 27quid posted LOL from ebay !

And there decent too,i have both sides new,no issues so far either !
Because the Primera ones pretty much clicked coming out of the factory (Sunderland for you) so people were having them changed a plenty. Whereas the Almera Gti ones have taken over 15 years or 140,000 miles to finally give up the ghost when no parts companies would earn anything for making them.

I think i would just send them off for repair if that's possible?

Back
Top Bottom