For anyone wanting an outer cv joint for an almera gti...

Shaftec were looking so promising but I wouldn't trust it myself. I will put full details up tomorrow but for now I will say were the spline dimensions of a Nissan cv is 26.5mm, the shaftec is 27mm

Looks like a refurb solution everyone

I thought shaftec were remanufactured? I've done another 4000 miles (so around 12000 total) of fairly harsh driving and mine still seems fine, touch wood

Does anyone know a rough cost of having the joints overhauled ? There must be enough knackered joints around that we could work out some sort of exchange system between us. Saves people having to take the car off the road while waiting for their joints to be repaired.

ok guys i sent shaft and outer cv to company which made driveshfts and they said can make outer cv for 90 pound if someone want outer cv i can get them

Last edited:
stufagti i dont now how much they charge for hole driveshaft they havent got any details for gtis, only way to get new hole driveshaft is to send them one on pattern and they doing what you want

yes this is my old one with new parts inside but i will have to call them and ask exactly, they need old one for rebuilt or they made new one for order

Back
Top Bottom