G's Vzr N1

unplug the ecu and pull the loom through the firewall, take the loom out with the engine.

lol too late for that now, did think of it at the time, but there is a part of the loom that goes towards the back of the center console, which I couldn't be bothered to look at where it went and to unplug, the ecu was simple, but as I was in a rush just did it as mentioned..

Ah shite only spotted what you were at now like sam said really. Put it back that way it's the easiest have the loom fully routed and all before it goes back in.

not had much time to do any more on this, even though engine was out a couple of weeks ago...finally this weekend when I had a spare few mins, before swapping an engine on another car...

unfortunately to my surprise couldn't get the flywheel undone, needed to it undone so that I could get the bracket for the engine stand on...why couldn't I get the flywheel undone it kept on spinning!!...

now if you remember the pulley side is stuck solid..don't budge, so why is flywheel moving...I guess we all know the answer there...

If that's the case then that's insane!!

It is not going to be pretty in there :(

A guy in works evo snapped its crank, it still actually ran as the fracture was in such a way it held the crank together enough to spin.

gonna be interesting to see what can of worms we open up in there...looking for a torque gun to undo the flywheel bolts...hopefully have the sumps off this Sunday...Sat gonna be spent at Japfest...

Use a pry bar on the teeth of the flywheel and pry on one of the dowels, should come undone ok

b9d49cf19b61c42e17f3b83235f9d5ed.jpg

Eagle eye Joe spotting in this pic the CW not lined up..

Ignore above post..that's how its meant to be...but the fact flywheel moving and crank pulley not...still means...crank broken somewhere...

How...well that will only be answered I suppose when i have engine on stand and all sumps off

My guess is the oil pump shattered, breaking the keyway / collar somehow then ran the bottom end bearings. Cant see the crank braking tbh

My guess is the oil pump shattered, breaking the keyway / collar somehow then ran the bottom end bearings. Cant see the crank braking tbh
Was thinking along the same lines for cause...whether its broke..no idea...

Managed to get flywheel bolts of no bother..the old two spanner trick...

Only prob didn't have the right bolts to get it on the stand...b&q for long enough bolts tomorrow...and then we get both pans off

Fuck all??

will post pics in a bit, after i've had my dinner...

but yup, crank is in one piece, turns and can hear a good gush of pressure when the pistons move...what I did find is quite a big amount of metal flakes in the oil that was sitting along the edges of the sump...

this is with belts removed...can turn the water pump by hand so that is all good...will remove front cover on Sunday after Japfest as I'm more confused now...but happier in the sense that at least crank is in one piece

Looks like we may found the issue..
Thought before i take everything thing off and take the head off to check the bearings...below is the result...including pictures of inside of each section..

No 1 :
7885ea9efa9f3c9e5dc5a6bfd3a39bb0.jpg

Looks in decent condition..

No 2 :
e8fa1243a25ad80918c3a2a034127ee7.jpg

Again..looks fine..

No 3 :
88bb130db638423b8dc4044cd50c7a5b.jpg

Errr.. wheres it gone..[emoji15]

1 :
a9a6b4c7a05f526a022a1a535ef5c70d.jpg

2 :
2bcf020481d7212a2e35c9355481bf41.jpg

3 :
0c4566fc491d39059d15214898010f19.jpg

Looks like the remains of on ex bearing...doh..

4 :
27b585b5bf7e73b5e34e99df6c991f9d.jpg

As you can see 1 2 and 4 pretty clean of metal remains...3 full of them..

Will open and post pic of no 4 bearing in a bit...

Crank looks funked..

Back
Top Bottom