It's all that Eds fault....

I know on some cars a faulty brake pedal switch can cause all sorts of problems. If the ECU thinks you're braking, it cuts the fuel.
May be worth a check.

Have you had a chance to service it yet? I have a OBDII fault code reader and a bluetooth version if you are going to be local this weekend could check if there are any fault codes etc?

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk

lol not yet, and no worries re the OBDII reader got myself one of them ages ago...

I had this on mine when I had a tuning box on it, it doesn't throw a check engine light, but after plugging in my OBD2 scanner in it turned out to be this:
P1272 - This one's like a super-limp mode, I ended up slowing down to 30mph on a dual carriageway. Unsurprisingly on further investigation:
522b4a9e.jpg

b78e3d83.jpg

hmm interesting just been going through some of the paperwork that came with the car...

December 2013 Fuel hose from top of fuel filter housing replaced, due to perished old one, causing a non start issue...
June 2013 YD22 - 3 Pin Fuel sender replaced

Jan 14 along with service, which includes a new fuel filter, so think I'll leave changing it..NSR caliper sorted

Maf sensor not looking pretty

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401548078125.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401548078125.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1401548101728.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401548101728.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 33
grrrr...damn airbag light is back again....wonder if its to do with seats? as only thing I can think off, moved passenger seat back to get to pollen filter swap, and start after that, and poxy airbag light back...

Thats minging! Could be dodgy airbag connectors. If you arent fussed about functional airbags, a 2.7ohm resistor will work to bypass and keep the light behaving.

never seen one that minging lol, noticed it has a K&N Panel filter in, wonder if that has anything to do with it?

will have a look at the wiring under the seats as both times that light has come on has been after moving the passenger side seat back n forth...

need also to post up pics of the wiring in front of the drivers side seat, connections definitely don't look factory

Dodgy OEM connectors were a common problem (says a garage once that picked out a problem with mine). Maybe someone got tired of them and replaced it.

Interesting...could very well be..though these connections don't inspire confidence..

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401653816542.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401653816542.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 33
  • uploadfromtaptalk1401653835207.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401653835207.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 32
Try the airbag warning reset. Key to 'on' and click the interior light button at the bottom-back of the driver's door-frame seven times in five seconds (IIRC, I'll see if I can find the the procedure).

Edit: Ignore that, N15 in your profile made me forget I was reading an N16 thread and Liam's already given you the reset procedure for them.

Hmm. Id grab a 2 pin connector off something at the scrappy and solder it in and try thr reset, or like i said, if youre not fussed jut resistor it.

My previous 33k Dci would flash every now and again, but after resetting would stay put for weeks on end, saying that weirdly enough every time sombody was coming down too view it it would flash like mad, I would reset it again, then bham on again in a few minutes.

Made me look a right fool as folks coming to view it just thought I was trying to sell off a dodgy motor that's been in an accident.

lol...typical, after fiddling with the joints last night, when I took the pics, noticed this afternoon the flashing light had gone..so gonna put it down to being a crap fix by whoever did it, and as suggested will get a two pin connector of some sort and sort it out properly..

maf sensor clean improved the drive, but mpg still only managed around 32 on a 120 mile round trip today...

Will improve with forte & wynns egr cleaner also worth checking jubilee clips on intercooler etc asJohn found several if his loose or busted

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom