Kitty the Red GTi

Well tbh im thinking of selling the autech in the next few months as were getting a nice bit of money from work and i might get something else. So the fidanza flywheel, exedy clutch, engine mounts, red hel brake lines and n1 rocker cover will be for sale. Just giving you first dibs. None have been used.

carried out a few simple mods over the weekend, stock air box and bosch super 4 plugs. also pumped up the tyres, 13psi in passenger side front :eek:

from when test driving it to driving it now, holy moly doughnuts, it pulls so much harder than before, stock induction FTW! i found the same thing with my other sr20 too, as has rob. increased HP but reduced TQ.

few funny knocks from the front but the guy told me about them... drivers side front shock i think is fucked.... or droplink is broken

the excuse for an back box is rattling off the heat shield, front brakes are shite cos of the rusty discs and i think they pads are fucked too, few grinding noises under heavy braking, drivers side front is binding so im being held back on power there instantly

other than that she seems pretty mint, few stone chips here and there and the laquer is pealing on the roof.... size of a 50p piece and the passengers side arch has some minor bubble rust

Congrats on the purchase Chris, looks like a nice example, not bad for the money :) Where abouts in Co Down was it being sold if you dont mind me asking?

update

friday afternoon was spent finishing removing the box from the rat, after about 2-3 hours of fighting with it during the week it finally came off on friday about 4pm... with the hanger/bracket still on it... what a dick... didnt realise that there was a bolt still holding it on... the bracket was was getting caught on the engine block preventing it coming off with ease.

saturday was spent under the rat getting the knock sensor off for stewarty04... piece of piss

moving onto the blue gti, struts back in... with one nut on the top mount, and screwdrivers holding the hub onto the suspension....finally got it up the driveway with a bit of effort, time to remove the rear calipers and braided hoses and drop it onto axel stands awaiting to be sent to gti heaven

onto the red one.... rear up on ramps and stands under the front. exhaust off from decat back, short shift fitted and then the the fuji system was installed. onto the ground for a quick lap of the street. O M G its loud as fuck! rob has a video ill try and get him to upload it

back onto the ground and then the coilovers were fitted. she looks mint...and loud.

next thing is for the koyorad and the SSA header to be fitted, the downpipe will stay as its mint

also fixed a broken droplink on the drivers side

very nice,

gti heaven sounds nasty, they shouldnt be in heaven they should be on the road being looked after! :(

are you going to put a colour with it? i love the red meras with black wheels, look awesome!

A few guys i know had told me about this GTI floating about the Dee. They had said it was very nice in the flesh. You still ok for me picking the knock sensor up tomorrow?? Ill get a look round it then.

Them droplinks where a cunt . . as im aware lol!! next time u do it urself lol

N e way, car looking great. . looks too much like mine tho lol people are not gona be able to tell us apart

So. . . conconclusion. . . i assume ur helpin me on sat to rip the gear bag out of my car, and re-fit a release bearing and a flywheel lol

Love u xoxo

A few guys i know had told me about this GTI floating about the Dee. They had said it was very nice in the flesh. You still ok for me picking the knock sensor up tomorrow?? Ill get a look round it then.

yea mate, no problem, think im getting rid of these cars tonight as some fella called to the house with the attitude ... here love, dont suppose you want me to lift that for ya.... needless to say my mum told him to call back

did rob mention to you about bringing the flywheel with you on tuesday? :S

Back
Top Bottom