My new motor 02 IS200 Sport in Strathcaron Blue

Been working on improving the look of the wheels... and unfortunately i didn't get the wheels i was looking to get...

so in the mean time i have have decided to refurb the aero alloys... the look like they have been done before... so have only taken a quick rub down and paint.

i no professional sprayer by any means... they have been done in my garden with rattle cans and some wet and dry... but they have come up quite nicely.

Wet and dried masked up and 2 layers of primer:

2 layers of paint on:

2 layers of high gloss lacquer:

finished off the 4 wheels

next came the brakes:
before

during

nearly there

how she looks now:

just need to put the centre caps back on and get Likwid art to make up some new lexus logos to go on them.

Also given the engine bay a good going over...

Before:

During:

After:

i also cleaned the air filter... it looked almost black and you could barely see through it... i changed the pipes around on the injen intake to make it sit better and re plumbed the crank case breather and ran a pipe for the air temp sensor. whilst at USC i purchased a D1 spec rad cap to match in with the anodised blue look.

Its getting there... hopefully new rad and coolant pipes to be fitted soon... and il get better piping for the breather and air temp sensor at JAE... but it will do for now.

The new Rad has arrived to replace the aged one up front:

When at USC last weekend i decided to fit my sub and reversing camera to the car... only to find out that the head unit doesnt have any inputs or and out puts... (how strange??)

So i went out and bought an up to date one wit all the gizmo's and gadgets i ever would need :)
It has got a built in Parrot voice activated call list and links direct to your phone via Bluetooth and can pull the songs straight off of your phone.

Yer its only a 6.1" rather than the previous 7" but this does a lot more and suits me perfectly.

Sub fitted:

Can you see the camera :)

Fully water proof and only £12 delivered off of eBay love it!!

Over the weekend i have to fit the Rad and a full HKS earthing kit i picked up earlier last week before i went away to USC.

I have also sent off to get my private plate put on to my lexus... already had the plates made... and they look spot on... Pics up when it legal to put them on :)

Cheers for looking
Rob

Looks lovely dude

But seriously, the calipers. Rush job. How do you expect them to operate smoothly with paint everywhere.

wheels looks good, you can get some pretty good results with rattle cans so long as you prep well and spray in thin layers and dont try to do it in one spray. Been looking at private plates also for the missis for xmas and u can get some pretty good one for as little as £158.

Looks lovely dude

But seriously, the calipers. Rush job. How do you expect them to operate smoothly with paint everywhere.

they work fine... all sliders and rubbers were taped up and cleaned before hand... and brakepads and discs were replaced with brand new parts :)

Already got a load of likwid art on the car...

All rear badges... Side sport badges and now the wheel centre caps all been custom made and 1 offs... Subtle but look cool.

Just because its already covered in it doesn't mean it needs more... It needs fire

Well im a fan of the likwid art gear... looks great.

Sam you've never liked any thing i do, you always criticise... stop wasting your time on my threads if you don't like them, don't look at them.

The rad on the lexus had officially given up, this morning Spook and i replaced it with a new Dirensa alloy rad.

also fitted a HKS earthing kit.

To be fair the 50 shades of blue on this car do look a bit shit

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Well don't worry too much I won't update this thread any more.

Save you some reading Sam.

Your all entitled to your opinions, but its a work in progress and I've only had it 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom