Exterior:
Phase 1 GTi bodykit
Open mouth grille
P2 front and rear lights
Clear side repeaters

The Wish List (To start doing/saving for when the minor niggles are done):
Kent Cams
Lowered suspension
Something interesting with the wheels :)

Finished :cool:
So no-one has to trawl through the project thread I'll upload the pics here, and in any case I only have this car now, dont think I'll have more than one again (Not counting Stevo, Tasha's GTi).
This weekend, brakes fitted, brand new TOYO Proxes TR-1 tyres, interior installed, gear linkage fixed, exhaust on (2.5" manifold and downpipe, standard cat, 2.25" cat back with 3.5" exit), and a much needed clean. I'm happy with how she looks now.
Adding up the total cost of the project I think i have spent around £600 including what I sold off the scrap GTi. Not bad considering the shell has 68k and minimal rust (Going to bodyshop in september) and the engine has 50k. It was a lot of hard work by my jap-n-crazy.co.uk friends.
For anyone who doesn't know, I bought the car as a flood damaged shell (No bumper) along with a rusty and non-running red GTi donor car, and we basically created one 'new' car out of the 2, plus the remains of my old SRi.
CRIM0005-2.jpg

CRIM0004-2.jpg

CRIM0009-2.jpg

CRIM0013-2.jpg

And compare the interior when I got it:
IMG00030.jpg

Now:
CRIM0012-2.jpg

MoT tomorrow at 9am :D

Fair play corbs, loads of hard work gone into it but it looks fantastic so I'd say its all paid off for you!!!!

Well done mate, looks like it all paid off. Hope it gets past the MOT ;)

Gotta give it to you mate, Thats a fantastic looking car you've created!
When I first came over I never expected the car to be looking good again, it was quite a state! But you've proved me wrong.
It looks lovely mate, its down to you to enjoy it now :)

How did the MoT go mate?
Also, WIPER MOD ;)
Also, It makes the car look much nicer when its not parked in between two scrap Almeras, haha!

stunning transformation!

if you want some guidelines for doing the black surrounds on the headlights let me know :)

your GTi inspires me Corbs, you have done such a good job!!

hats off to you!

and is that Jims prelude infront of it by any chance? :p

WOW, so didn't think you where gunna get it done this fast. mucho likikng that rear tailgate to the other max power one you had on it.

off to RWYB then.
david

Back
Top Bottom