My Ph 2 Bs7 gti :-)

sa6y6aqa.jpg

Got the front s14 leathers in the front now which I got from rob at japfest 2. Just need to figure how to put the rears in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers bud, yeah wasn't too sure if cream would work in my car but it definitely does and I'm happy I got them now.

aduqehed.jpg

So I managed to get the rear leathers in on Monday which wasn't too bad although the bench isn't fitted yet as the brackets don't line up with the bottom so will have to do some more modification. Looks good so far and much prefer it! (Excuse the dog but it's the only pic I got so far!)

Anyway on another note when I pulled back the liner around the top of the rear shock to sort the brackets on the rear of the seat out I noticed this:

gameby8e.jpg

Now I'm no expert but this is definitely not right and will prob explain the knocking I'm getting from the rear and potentially my wheel wobble I get now. Glad I noticed the cracks round the bolts now before it's too late, will get it to a bodyshop soon and see what they can do to sort it.

Yep that will end up punching the strut through into the car as well.

My old Autech had been repaired when I got it and I had it reinforced

Yeah that's what I thought, could have been a bit nasty if I hadn't noticed it! The other side seems spot on with less rust too so will just have to get one side done. Just hope it holds until it's sorted!

Ok so now I have the Almera off the road for a while due to 3rd gear failing I now have an opportunity to start messing with other bits that have needed doing for a while and get it ready for some shows this year!
This is the list of things to be done in no particular order:
Gearbox (now out the car and new one waiting to go in)
BOTH outer cv joints [emoji17]
BOTH front wheel bearings as I'm pretty sure this shouldn't happen!
86145bffc40cd4b2cb2ca9f4fbea6f75.jpg

Wheel refurb,
New front discs and pads,
Front Calipers refurbed as both are wearing uneven,
One rear Caliper refurb due to it sticking again!
3" elbow and system now the aircon is removed,
Rust in the rear sorted [emoji17]
And the list is even starting to scare me now so I'm going to just leave it there and not think about anything else! Busy few months coming up for me [emoji106]

Cheers, yep I really love it too much to be too bothered about the work needed plus I'm lost with no work to do on it ha!

Back
Top Bottom