N15 Series 2 Sedan

Cheers guys.

Yeah, as Ed said, it was an Australian option for sedans - called a Rear Sun Guard. I haven't seen many around, and I'm surprised I haven't seen them for sale anywhere else.

Chris

Thanks mate, nah, I actually bought it brand new through my local Nissan dealer. I'll give you the part number if you're still interested.

Sorry for the delay in replying...
hey that's ok and if you could pm me the part number that would be great, thank you

hey that's ok and if you could pm me the part number that would be great, thank you

I think I PM'd you the number... haha

Looking tidy. Top work there.

Thanks mate. Still like to do a few things, but it's getting there...

I got some more bits and pieces happening soon, so hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll have some updates.

Cheers
Chris

So... it's been far too long between drinks. Here is an update...

My car hasn't been getting much attention as I now have a 2013 Ford Ranger for work, but I have managed to do some bits and pieces with her...

Starting with a 30th anniversary CJ-I rear sedan garnish... These things are super rare, and I have only ever seen 2 of them. One of them is on the rear of my car;
24mx639.jpg

Terrible pic I know, but I will get a good one at some point.

I managed to get my hand on a pair of AD22VF SSS/GTi front calipers;
oj1c3d.jpg

which I managed to take apart and rebuild;
20g0cpu.jpg

and with this,
350nmzc.jpg

some time and elbow grease, I managed to build this;
k976np.jpg

and this;
2cngzs1.jpg

I haven't installed them on my car yet, but I've ordered some braided brake lines to complete the upgrade...

Furthermore, this weekend I took my front door off because of this;
IMG_6280.jpg

yeah, it's baaaaaaad;
9ced83c9-a86f-4224-baf3-571387b9f10a.jpg

and swapped it with this;
IMG_6286.jpg

The colour is absolutely spot on... it looks a little off, because i polished it before it went on, but it is a perfect match. I have since installed my JDM slimline weather shield on the door as well.

I should have a couple more updates in the future, but for now, thanks for reading.

Cheers
Chris
wow, that rust was bad. do rear discs make a big difference to braking and what model did that rear end that come from?

Some things have changed, so I thought I post up an up-to-date modification list; mainly for my own benefit.

List of mods to date
Engine
Stock GA16DE Internals, Blue GA16DE Rocker Cover
Genie Extractors
2" Cat-back Exhaust
Lukey Ultra-flo Muffler
2.5" Stainless Tip
K&N Panel Filter with Cold Air Intake
NGK Ignition leads

Genuine Items
JDM Nissan/MOMO N15 VZ-R N1 Option Steering Wheel
JDM VZ-R Side Skirts
JDM X1-R Front Spats
JDM CJ-I 30th Anniversary Rear Boot lid Garnish
JDM VZ-R Sedan Slimline Wind Deflectors Front and Rear
JDM Power Folding Mirrors with Convex Mirrors
JDM "Pulsar" Chrome Boot Badge
JDM VZ-R/SR-V Centre Console
JDM Autech SR-V Auto Instrument Cluster
JDM SR-V/Autech Option Grille with Pulsar RNN14 'P' Badge
SSS Leather Wrapped Handbrake
SSS S1 Front Bar (Moody Blue) Black Meshed
SSS S2 Headlights (Black Surround)
SSS N15 Wheels Metallic Graphite Coloured with Kumho Tyres
SSS Wiper Deflector
SSS Leather Wrapped Automatic Shifter
UKDM Almera GTi Phase 2 crystal foglights
SLX Dual Horns (High & Low Tone)
SLX Variable Intermittent Wipers
SLX Power Window Conversion
SLX Front Seats (High Adjustment)
SLX Rear Seats (Arm Rest & Head Rests)
SLX Centre Console Lid
SLX Glovebox Light
SLX Ashtray light
AUDM N15 Bonnet Protector
AUDM N15 Sedan Rear Sun Guard

Other Parts

Whiteline Adjustable Rear Sway Bar/Anti-Roll Bar
Clear Side Indicators
VZ-R Quad Tail-light Conversion
Wine Red Tinted Rear Lights
Front Strut Brace
VZ Commodore Front Roof console with Map Lights & Sunglasses holder
Bootlid Carpet

In-Car Entertainment
Pioneer DEH-P6850MP Head Unit
Pioneer TS-C160R Competition Splits
Pioneer TS-A1671S 3-way Coax
Pioneer TS-W304 Sub
Custom Sub Box
Jaycar Response Amp 4x130WRMS
Pioneer CD-IB100-II iPod Head Unit Adapter

Future Plans
SSS Front Bucket Seats, or Bride DIGO Front Bucket Seats
YellowSpeed Coilovers, or BC Racing Coilovers
Manual SR conversion of some description (SR16VE, SR16VE N1, SR20DE, SR20VE...)
Sound Deadening
Bonnet Heat Matting

Stuff to Do
Install JDM VZ-R/GT Sedan spoiler
Shave high-mount brake light in boot lid
Install Rebuilt AD22VF Brake calipers and slotted discs
Install Rebuilt SLX Rear Beam with calipers and discs
Install braided brake lines

wow, that rust was bad. do rear discs make a big difference to braking and what model did that rear end that come from?

Yeah, it wasn't good... to be honest, I still haven't installed them, so I couldn't tell you, but I'm hoping they will... haha I got them off my SLX wreck. The SSS(Almera GTi) have rear discs as well (slightly bigger than the SLX)

Yeah, it wasn't good... to be honest, I still haven't installed them, so I couldn't tell you, but I'm hoping they will... haha I got them off my SLX wreck. The SSS(Almera GTi) have rear discs as well (slightly bigger than the SLX)
cool, coz im gonna upgrade my brakes and i want disc rear, its kind of sad having drum rear :(. do u reckon that a sss rear would fit a sedan?

your car is one of a kind, you have so many rare parts that is a crazy list :)

cool, coz im gonna upgrade my brakes and i want disc rear, its kind of sad having drum rear :(. do u reckon that a sss rear would fit a sedan?

They will fit. Although, as with the SLX rear discs, you'll near the entire rear beam and the handbrake cables... The rear beam has different mounts for drums and discs, and the handbrake cables are different at the wheel end. I have heard that you can get away with using the stock non-disc Brake Master Cylinder... so I'm hoping that's the case.

your car is one of a kind, you have so many rare parts that is a crazy list :)

haha thanks man, I think I'm a bit obsessed to be honest... I do like collecting bits and pieces though...

They will fit. Although, as with the SLX rear discs, you'll near the entire rear beam and the handbrake cables... The rear beam has different mounts for drums and discs, and the handbrake cables are different at the wheel end. I have heard that you can get away with using the stock non-disc Brake Master Cylinder... so I'm hoping that's the case.

haha thanks man, I think I'm a bit obsessed to be honest... I do like collecting bits and pieces though...
Wow, sounds like a big job but it would definitely be worth it, if i see a SSS ill pull that all out.

I'm afraid ill get obsessed aswell, i think its begun already :eek:

I spent my day off today detailing my car, and fixing some bits and pieces. It looks pretty clean...

2zqat1c.jpg

1rt72v.jpg

mklrb.jpg

2qmouv6.jpg

Notice I took the spoiler off...

I've been working on a couple of things over the last week or so, so hopefully there should be a few updates coming in the next couple of weeks.
Also, I'm looking at getting some YellowSpeed Coilovers to overcome the 4wd specness... :thumbs: I've read a lot of good reviews from them, and they seem to be reasonably cheap for what they are. Anyone have experience with them?

Until next time, thanks for reading.
Cheers
Chris

I spent my day off today detailing my car, and fixing some bits and pieces. It looks pretty clean...

2zqat1c.jpg

1rt72v.jpg

mklrb.jpg

2qmouv6.jpg

Notice I took the spoiler off...

I've been working on a couple of things over the last week or so, so hopefully there should be a few updates coming in the next couple of weeks.
Also, I'm looking at getting some YellowSpeed Coilovers to overcome the 4wd specness... :thumbs: I've read a lot of good reviews from them, and they seem to be reasonably cheap for what they are. Anyone have experience with them?

Until next time, thanks for reading.
Cheers
Chris

it looking very sleek! ;)

Looks amazeballs Chris. Good work. Great that you're getting lows now!!!

Chris, long time no talk. Didn't know you posted your ride here. Read the whole thread from page 1 and glad to see the car is looking better than ever.

Back
Top Bottom