Newbie, in the last hour!

thisun doesnt av no spray bars in ee mert

Roller Rocker innee not them olfangled ighportts

images

Lol! That will be why it looks so clean then. Roller rockers must be some new fangled technology to me. I must pull the cover off and marvel at the new science!

Edit:
This also explains the lack of VVT rattle, and funky looking distributor sticking out of the back of the engine!
There also doesn't appear to be a T28 hanging of the exhaust manifold. And someone has turned the engine round transversly?

Dude, sell and use what bits you can, then do the almera world justice and weigh that shell in. Its not worth using imho.

I see what your saying there, you don't want me turning up at meets then! Like that wierd kid at school that everyone picked onn and called names who would stand and sing (badly) at assemblies.
There is always the rat look?

Isn't rat look when its 'made' to look like a shed?!

You are more than welcome to come to the Buttertubs meet, check the section.

We won't laugh (honest!)

True, can you imagine taking a mint specimen and making it rust! That's some dedication to the art! I think I may be too ashamed to come to a meet, everyone pointing and whispering "look, there's that clocked one" and prodding at its srusty bits!

I susppose it could be worse, I could visit halfords and buy lots of sticky backed plastic pretend carbon sheeting, large GB and TURBO stickers? Or there's the sticker bomb look:)

True, can you imagine taking a mint specimen and making it rust! That's some dedication to the art! I think I may be too ashamed to come to a meet, everyone pointing and whispering "look, there's that clocked one" and prodding at its srusty bits!

I susppose it could be worse, I could visit halfords and buy lots of sticky backed plastic pretend carbon sheeting, large GB and TURBO stickers? Or there's the sticker bomb look:)

We are a good bunch, don't be afraid!

Get that SR slung in the Pug.

in all seriousness, I could probably tidy it up to look somewhat more presentable, I'll re tax it for six months and that should give me enough time to get my other project sorted out and ready to transplant the running gear over.
There is something there though with this mera, like we were destined to be together! Not in some strange sexual way! More like Stepehn Kings Christine.

Maybe if I sit in it looking mean and moody it might turn the odometor back on its own?
Or I might just have a look round for a decent one, but I like the voodoo magic idea more at the minute;)

Yes I was thinking that I should getshut of the collection of 106 gtis and replace them with multiple almeras!
I do much prefer the almera to drive over the 106, so much more comfortable, quieter and the driving position is better. Although it doesn't handle anywhere near as good as the little pug, but I can spend more time enjoying the drive rather than scanning the road for potholes that would break my back in the 106.
I drive for a living and I have never seen the uks roads in such a state!

Well, my cheapy £40 ebay clutch turned up so I've thrown that on (after slight modification to the cover lol) it now drives okay:)
Apart from emptying the new gear oil all over my drive when I got it back from the workshop:(
I did say a quick prayer to the seal gods when I saw the state of the off side driveshaft seal. Oh well it needs a CV joint anyway.

I've also washed it and it looks a whole heap better (ha heap!) But while doing the clutch I've found that all of the front end is sound rust wise, even the cross member is good! The engine bay is tidy too.

When I've had a good poke round its back end I'll make the choice of keeping it or breaking it. But the more I drive it the more I like it:)

Steve suggestion from someone that is other than English :p

Don't you ever think on giving up such a nice ride! You already mentioned some of the reasons. And if you put your effort to restore it, then you would have literally a new car.

Its looking like too much of a ball ache to get the SR into the 106, and as the 106 GtI is running around 960kg ex driver and I could probably drop the almera weight a good bit so there wouldn't be much in it.
I'm sure I could get the mera to handle well eventually and the 106 was only ever going to be a plaything for the weekends so the merea may well end up taking its place.

I'll be rebuilding the primera GT engine soon anyway to run boost so it just makes sense to keep it in the Nissan.

Half decent set of coil overs and an Almera can kick it with the best of them handling wise. Sounds like the beginnings of something beautiful :D

Back
Top Bottom