Non sat-nav to sat-nav model, programming?

If I managed to source all the bits needed to upgrade to the built in sat nav unit (LCD screen, controls, DVD unit, CD unit, GPS antenna and the dash wiring loom) will I need to program the sat nav to my ECU? I know I will need a code to enter into the sat nav it's self when it first turns on but is there anything else I'll need to do?

The car is 2007 1.5 N16.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone else may ever be interested in this, the sat nav setup is linked to the NATS so any change means it needs to be all programed together with the right codes. If its not it will not work!

Nissan would charge you an arm and a leg, the Sat Nav is a load of crap.... although it has saved me on occasion when my phone dies & car charger fails. :p

Just for anybody that is interested in replacing part of the audio or nav systems or upgrading to a nav system from second hand parts check the attached files from the FSM. All that is needed for a phase 2 (assuming the units and wiring is all okay) is for NATS to be re-initialized. This can only be done using the consult-II scanner and that means bring it to a main nissan dealer. You will need the NATS pin code to do this but a main dealer should be able to find that out.

NATs audio.JPG

NATs audio 2.JPG

Last edited:
Nissan would charge you an arm and a leg, the Sat Nav is a load of crap.... although it has saved me on occasion when my phone dies & car charger fails. :p

The sat nav is a bit pants but I think it looks nicer then the none sat nav screen. If i ever mange to upgrade it I will then look at updating the maps.

Was there much involved in the coding?
The coding of the nav system into NATS is easy but you need the consult-II scanner that the main dealers use and last I checked they were going for €600.

Okay so just to update this thread on the programming.
So far from what I've read, I have a theory that the DVD (nav) unit will work with the original CD (audio) unit as the CD unit will have never seen a DVD unit before and might accept the first one that is plugged into it. I will be testing this in a few weeks but If I'm right then I will not need to mess with NATS as the old (non-sat nav) CD unit is already programmed to NATS.

Maybe its too late but...

I could install all the system navi in my 1.5 dCi, which is imposible to get from factory. You have the key... the CD unit it's the link with NATS. And the DVD unit it's the ling with the display and clima. Sorry my english jeje.

You only have to create a new wiring. There is no neccesary Consult. In adition i installed the rear camera from a P12 Primera. The last picture its my car when i bought.

Attachments

• IMG-20170405-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20170405-WA0009.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-20170405-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20170405-WA0010.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 30
  • WP_20140227_17_55_26_Raw.jpg
    WP_20140227_17_55_26_Raw.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 30
Maybe its too late but...

I could install all the system navi in my 1.5 dCi, which is imposible to get from factory. You have the key... the CD unit it's the link with NATS. And the DVD unit it's the ling with the display and clima. Sorry my english jeje.

You only have to create a new wiring. There is no neccesary Consult. In adition i installed the rear camera from a P12 Primera. The last picture its my car when i bought.
I’m trying to remove my built in sat nav to non built in

Back
Top Bottom