Problems with OBD on Almera N16

I've bought a ELM327-Bluetooth OBD2 (just search for "ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 Diagnostics Code Scanner + Bluetooth USB Adapter Dongle" on eBay) for $14.98 at eBay which I've tried to connect to the Torque-app on my Android phone and got a connection failed problem.
I've also tried the OBD Auto Doctor (Linux application on my PC) with a BT tongle in my computer which resulted in a error as well;
"Initializing connection", "Connected to OBDII", "Failed to initialize the adapter", "Check the adapter compatibility".
Actually I got the "connected to OBDII" message when I was not near the car as well - strange.

My car:
Nissan Almera 1.5 1498cc 90hp 66KW. '2002

Someone have a solution for me? Am I doing anything wrong?

I've heard some of the cheaper dongles can be temperamental. Try the dongle in another car that you know should work in just ot make sure :)

I've just downloaded and installed that application on 15.04 and I can connect with my onboard BT radio but not with my USB dongle. I also have the same style USB BT dongle as you have (from the ebay listing) but the ELM327 I bought was the mini style with smaller, clear blue case.

When I use Torque on 'droid, I need to pair with the phone first, via the settings, using passcode as 1234. Once I do this, I can then start the torque app and connect. I'm using a cyanogenmod based ROM on my phone which I beleive uses the BT stack in a different way (I cannot offer any more info than this, just regurgitating something I remember reading about several months ago)

My lappy is saying the protocol is ISO 14230-4 (KWP FAST) see piccyobd2.png

FYI, this is in my 2.2dCi Primera, not a petrol

one other thought -- are you using *nix natively on your computer or running in a virtual machine? I know people have complained in the past about the USB passthru from a VM environment to the host USB.

Back
Top Bottom