Rear wiper ARM removal.

Has anyone had the need to remove the rear screen wiper ARM from the drive spindle please.
I am changing my damaged tailgate complete but am at a loss on how to get the arm complete, off the spindle.
I have soaked it in plus gas and tried tapping,levering etc. I do have a 3 legged puller but cannot fit properly to withdraw. Do Dealers have a method/tool?

From what I remember its just a case of pulling it off. You can try hitting it with a plastic mallet to shock it off as id imagine its on there fairly well. Keep at it and keep wiggling/pulling at it and it'll come off eventually.

I got mine off by putting vice grips on it at ultra tight lock, heating the outside with a heat gun and then using extra leverage to pull it off. Or you can go in from back i think and remove whole assembly to get better crack at it in a table top vice.

Crikey, I ruled out the heat option due to the rubber/plastic moulding behind it. Did you cause any damage? I have got a complete replacement tailgate so have some "spares". I'll try it tomorrow.

I didnt go over top with heat, just enough to make it expand a little and also lots of penetrating oil. If you can feel it moving you can keep repeating and working at it. But if it has no play at all and stuck fast id consider going commando it with sonething like break line flare kit. Head to youtube and search almera rear wiper arm removal and there is advice from guys using variations on the theme.

I didnt go over top with heat, just enough to make it expand a little and also lots of penetrating oil. If you can feel it moving you can keep repeating and working at it. But if it has no play at all and stuck fast id consider going commando it with sonething like break line flare kit. Head to youtube and search almera rear wiper arm removal and there is advice from guys using variations on the theme.

Thanks,I will do that. One more thing has popped up today-- I fitted the replacement tailgate eventually, but the damn thing locked itself when I closed it and despite all other electric equipment working perfectly,it won't unlock with the central locking.
Only thing I can think of is that there may be a mismatch with the switch codes? Any thoughts?
Should say that I purchased the tailgate from a scrappy and could not check operation of every thing,so maybe the switch is faulty--although it does "click" audibly.

Just in conclusion, puller arrived and worked a treat helped by a few taps when under compression.
Just need some new trim fixings, are they available from dealers, or is it back to the scrappy?

Back
Top Bottom