sr20det k11 4wd

There isn't more, the pulsar bolts are bigger. Why would you want to? The stock GTi bottom end is plenty good enough for 300+ bhp and is better to drive off boost.

There isn't more, the pulsar bolts are bigger. Why would you want to? The stock GTi bottom end is plenty good enough for 300+ bhp and is better to drive off boost.

Lower comp pistons, thicker rods, oil squirters, better oil pump?

Way more expensive, more lag, loads more work to fit? How much more than 300bhp do you need to go in a fwd Micra?

Way more expensive, more lag, loads more work to fit? How much more than 300bhp do you need to go in a fwd Micra?

350whp is the goal, i have X amount to spend

As for lag its always going to be there, im not doing this to be another person with an sr micra. I want the fastest and i want to make it an 11 second car at crail. Traction, boost control and weight is the key factors for me

The main reason i asked is if i decide to use the pulsar bottom end i dont need to redo mounts

If you already have a pulsar bottom end then fair enough. But the fact the clutch and flywheel don't fit and the GTi head won't fit seems silly to go looking for one.

The GTi engine already has forged rods as standard. It's been proved many times that with the right turbo and fuel setup a stock engine can produce a lot of power.

When you mention mounts, what do you mean? When used in a FWD it's mounted identical to a GTi engine.

350bhp won't get you near the fastest micra to run at Crail.
You can convert most of the parts from the GTI-R to the Gti engine anyway. Low comp forged pistons are available for them. Engine girdle will fit on. I don't think you've though it through.

If you already have a pulsar bottom end then fair enough. But the fact the clutch and flywheel don't fit and the GTi head won't fit seems silly to go looking for one.

The GTi engine already has forged rods as standard. It's been proved many times that with the right turbo and fuel setup a stock engine can produce a lot of power.

When you mention mounts, what do you mean? When used in a FWD it's mounted identical to a GTi engine.

That's a fair point but I'm not planning on plonking a turbo straight onto this engine which has reached over 100,000 miles now, and i haven't mentioned forged rods, I guessed there all forged standard as the micra ones are too. It's just there's quite a big difference in the width of the gti-gtir so I'd rather use the thicker ones. Same goes for the lower comp pistons instead of buying a thick gasket or doubling up like I did on my 1.3T micra.

And when I mention mounts I mean the ones I'm away to weld in. The mounts come off the blocks so I'm asking if either or will mount to what I fit

350bhp won't get you near the fastest micra to run at Crail.
You can convert most of the parts from the GTI-R to the Gti engine anyway. Low comp forged pistons are available for them. Engine girdle will fit on. I don't think you've though it through.

Why won't it get near a 12.1? Dave bull hit that with 410bhp with poor traction and no proper boost control.

Yeah I know but why do it if the bottom end did fit, now I know they take a lot of work to fit ill probs just fit the parts to the gti engine or buy new anyway. I haven't thought anything through because I'm not at that stage yet, hence the questions...

I though Stani was shooting for FWD? I don't see it cracking the Bandits time on 350bhp. Just my 2p.

I though Stani was shooting for FWD? I don't see it cracking the Bandits time on 350bhp. Just my 2p.

As far as i know dave hit that 12.1 in like 05/06 when his micra never had as much power as the almera. The time
I seen it at crail was a few months before he crashed it 08/09? He was running high 12's and 13's that day if i remember correctly. Not matching what he previously did with less power. Now due to his boost control etc in the almera he was able to smash into 11's

I have proof of dave himself saying 350, slicks and boost control will get a micra into 11's

Time will tell

I have proof of dave himself saying 350, slicks and boost control will get a micra into 11's

I did 12.18 @ 126.8 with 350ish BHP on drag radials, virtually spinning the tyres through 1st and 2nd.

With a 23" slick, it would have easy run high 11's

Back
Top Bottom