Stani's SR20 Micra Build

Another 8hrs at it :eek: Got a clutch bracket and cable through from rick, was a total PITA to bolt up to the bulkhead but got there. Clutch feels good so another job out the way. I also tidied all the interior loom taping it where seen and fixing it in place with cable tie clips. Battery has been repositioned (welded the tray in) and extended the power lead from the fusebox. Sort of made a bracket for the fusebox so its a bit neater too. Grabbed the slam panel and radiator from the donor micra and put it in place to see fitment etc and measure for bits. Will need a slimline fan for sure! And lastly nearly finished the brake pipes just a few more clips and 1 flare to go and i can fill it up

Now to rest till next friday :rolleyes:

Cheers dyldo

Meant to ask is the knock sensor important in the running of these engines? Ive lost the little metal securing pin/clip thing. If it is ill just rotate it so it points up and so that the connection stays on

I'm sure someone has a spare knock sensor lying around for you, just cable tie the wires up so they're not hanging down. Don't think it really matters what direction the sensor is facing

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm sure someone has a spare knock sensor lying around for you, just cable tie the wires up so they're not hanging down. Don't think it really matters what direction the sensor is facing

The sensor is fine its just the metal clip that secures the connection i dont have. Will rotate so it cant slip off and cable tie it somehow

After one fucked attempt I started to just leave them attached to the loom and unbolted from the block

Was back up on friday night and got some more done. Finished off the brake pipe first as i didnt want it lying about. Then with help from my mate we got both driveshafts built up and fitted snugly :cool: Was meant to return on saturday to complete brake system but but my daily micra broke down! But i made it back up this morning so finished the brakes and filled up with shell dot 5.1 :)

Would have had the coolant system finished too if i had been sent a round tube and not square :confused: Matrix pipes capped

Did you draw the shafts up? Could be useful for someone doing a similar micra project in the future. Gave a design to work to

Those shafts look great, this is definitely something I would like to do in the future.

Did you draw the shafts up? Could be useful for someone doing a similar micra project in the future. Gave a design to work to

I have the mock up shafts still and will hold onto them incase anything ever happens. And i suppose they can be copied for other sr micras because of the room inside the inner cv. But they dont fit micra or almera cv joints. Sure it was pulsar cv's but if anyone ever needed just the lengths im happy to send on details

Like so

Back
Top Bottom