Stani's SR20 Micra Build

Perfect would be good to see. Ive took a little 10mm lip off on the underside of the leg approx 3" at the gearbox for a little extra clearance but not gone chopping sections out.

Got a few little bits done, Intercooler piping route done. Just need to add in a maf and recirc valve

Oil return pipe finished, turbo water lines in place and tees put in at throttle body but unsure of coolant flow direction...

555cc injectors fitted, need to buy the correct plug adapters for these

And next is to concentrate on full exhaust and external wastegate setup

Enough to bits to reach the cat

It isnt a strange idea its a brilliant idea haha! Last night got the downpipe put together down to the back of the engine and tacked together. Its beginning to get a bit tight in there!! :cool: Need a few more bits before i can make the full system

I'm sure the 200SX MAF is smaller than the Gti MAF and more restrictive?

I'm liking the filter and intercooler location though. Not doing a sleeper then?

Looks awesome. How come you have mounted the turbo that way round ?

It was a weird one, the turbo come with the usual 4 threaded studs but the manifold was also threaded so had to drill the some manifold threads out, remove 3 of the studs and drill the turbo threads out too but keep the 1 stud as i couldnt bolt straight through that one. It couldnt then go the other way round as theres no room for a nut because of the manifold design. Im glad it still fits though :)

I'm sure the 200SX MAF is smaller than the Gti MAF and more restrictive?

I'm liking the filter and intercooler location though. Not doing a sleeper then?

Cheers, and it was the plan but room is tight! The shiney end of the filter will be sprayed black, not sure if i should do the intercooler too. And ive spoke to ed at fusion who will do me a base map and he suggested using the s14 maf.

I've only just noticed your MAF is post-turbo. I'd be sceptical of it getting baked and covered in oil at a fairly quick rate there. It will let you run a proper BOV in that position but the longevity and signal quality would be compromised.
What management are you running?

I've only just noticed your MAF is post-turbo. I'd be sceptical of it getting baked and covered in oil at a fairly quick rate there. It will let you run a proper BOV in that position but the longevity and signal quality would be compromised.
What management are you running?

Its on the cold side of the cooler though? And the pipe from the rocker could still be fitted after the maf if needed or into a catch can? (Obviously if the turbo shits itself the oil will reach the maf eventually) main reason ive put the maf there is because theres only a few inches before its into the engine so less chance of being innacurate. And ill be getting nistune fitted

it was all looking sweet sleeper till you carved a great hole in the bumper :( I may have missed the reasons why but I'm just scratching my head as to why you didn't just use a GTiR manifold with the turbo the correct way meaning you could fit the MAF correctly and run the exhaust in a sensible way.. it looks like your going to have to put allot of heat protection around all that silicone coming off the turbo, my alarm bells are flashing at oil fire when that return hose melts :S

Its a shame because all the mounting of the engine and the driveshafts was amazing work.

Its not too late to change it to a better/simpler setup.

Too late for the bumper though.

Wow its been a while, been really busy with work recently so not alot has happened! Downpipe is done and flanged to suit a cat and standard micra cat back system for mot time. The rest of the system is nearly done but im not happy with the section that passes over the rear axle. Its very tight and awkward working on the ground :mad: nothing else has been done just been able to buy some parts, plenty to be done when i get the time!

Front section of exhaust

50mm radiator, will need some mods to fit

Injector harness adaptors, great fitment and saves me any hassle at £35

Eboost 2 controller, 40mm external wastegate and wideband

Cheers

Whoever changes the serpentine belt next, will definitely have fun.

Looks awesome though, going to do anything about the suspension, wheels and overall maneuverability/driving response?

Whoever changes the serpentine belt next, will definitely have fun.

Looks awesome though, going to do anything about the suspension, wheels and overall maneuverability/driving response?

Water pump belt is a nightmare with the engine in the car but altenator isnt too bad, i do have plans to upgrade suspension, wheels, tyres, brakes, rollcage yes. As soon as the engine work is all together and setup

Water pump belt is a nightmare with the engine in the car but altenator isnt too bad, i do have plans to upgrade suspension, wheels, tyres, brakes, rollcage yes. As soon as the engine work is all together and setup
Good thing it's a chain engine ain't it? you're going to get some lightweight wheels and black diamond brakes or so?

Back
Top Bottom