Water leak into boot

Hello,

It's probably been discussed before many times and I have had a look to see if any other threads but I have a water leak coming in both sides of the boot, just below the rear lights and leaking between two panels. Someone has tried to use silicone before but obviously hasn't worked. I've water test from roof height and works my way down to eliminate any other seams. Water still crept in when spraying water just above the lights. I've removed to bumper to see if anything obvious but all seems to be well sealed still.
The only thing I can think of is either the boot seal or the rear light seals - a black tacky compound which I'm surprised is used by Nissan. If it is the rear lights, whats the best sealant to use?431786667_409524385030776_3186378357637690171_n.jpg429579364_1452913911969088_1770302002634499032_n.jpg

Did you solve the issue? I have the same problem. Come on here and found a thread that said the seam seal on the roof cracks. Removed trim that sits in the gutter between the boot and rear door. It’s cracked!

Did you solve the issue? I have the same problem. Come on here and found a thread that said the seam seal on the roof cracks. Removed trim that sits in the gutter between the boot and rear door. It’s cracked!
I haven't solved it yet. I water tested it from just above the rear lights and was still coming in so ruled out the seam seal but not to sure now as I had several leaking coming in before I change the rear light sealant.

Have you checked the seam seal under the weather strip between the boot and rear doors. I’ve pulled mine out and found hairline cracks

Hello all. New to this forum. I picked up a one owner 2008 Almera with a mere 35k km on the clock (around 22,000 miles). Great car but I have discovered a leak in the boot. Attached is an image of where it’s at. This is a saloon model and the image shows the side of the car from the inside (where the fuel cap would be on the other side). Water seems to be coming in somewhere here I’m wondering if it’s from the back window and running down… anyone have any experience of that? Considering replacing back window so I get new seals to see if that might fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_3695 copy.jpeg
    IMG_3695 copy.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 4
Weather pending, hopefully checking tomorrow.
Hello, any joy with fixing the leak? I'm considering on mine siliconing around the glass at the back window to see if that helps...! I have a similar leak coming in seams. I suspect it might be running down from glass seals....

Back
Top Bottom