well not a newbie post but i'm well behind with whats new here!..

I said to myself looking through the crail pics 'I never knew wezz was going' then I realised :lol:

I thought exactly the same mate.. I thought, shit I wonder if Wezz got into the 13's or not.. Then realised it was his copycat imposter :) lol
And nahh Steven.. There's only one 5door SR20 in England, and one in Scotland :)
Joe

One in ireland too if hardc0re gets his ass in gear! :)

There would have been another but T11EWL's car met a sticky end :(

Or like MiniGibb's :( Such a shame to see that motor in the state it is now.

Welcome back Andy!

Still see your GTi in banzai and I remember the feature in fast car with the R. That's some motor by the way.

I think the whole modifying scene has moved on a bit recently. It seems less about big colours, kits and interiors and more about performance, clean cars and OEM+ modifications. There's still plenty of motors about here that are "show" worthy in their own right but maybe not in the "all singing, all dancing" way as before. AndyS's 5 door, Leigh and his brother's DET's and VVL's, Scott's DET Van, David Bull's 480bhp DE+T, Rowdy's track weapon, Wezz's VVL monster, Simcards Gti+T, Almerasleepers supercharged N16 and EDK's extremely subtle but immense attention to detail N16.

You're right the scene changed dramatically sometime ago. Its one of the reasons i sold the Mera. Definitely the new scene is almost less is more, Euro and drifting has had a big influence but IMO its performance and subtle/smooth/simple styling thats in. Just so happened i hit the nail on the head with the R and got 3 mag covers. A mag cover is always a good sign of the times, its sort of how i knew the Almera's 'max power styling' was heading out as it only managed the one front cover but i had the best 4 years out of my life in it! :D

Cool cool, glad to see Dave is still around! That was one of my next questions!

Ahh T11EWL, i remember that car well!

musta cost a bomb to mod ur flamera? one awsone car tho. mate of mine in his celica was gunna race it but thought better of it. lol that was when it was silver and black.

musta cost a bomb to mod ur flamera? one awsone car tho. mate of mine in his celica was gunna race it but thought better of it. lol that was when it was silver and black.

Yeah mate it wasnt cheap, in total including buying it and several revamps, ie; silver/blue, silver/black and ultimate orange/black it cost me over £35,000 but thats still a miniscule amount compared to what the show car boys do these days (£60,000-£90,000! :eek:)

I learnt alot with the Almera and learnt what companies to avoid too so made no mistakes on the R and went to the right people second time round, pulled a few strings and blagged a couple of freebies resulting in a bought and built for under £10,000. I've still got a few changes to make for more performance, better aerodynamics and a few more trick touches but then i'm done and will probably treat myself to a few more track days :D

YIKES and i thought id spent a lot on my almera with the current cost standing at £17K

yike that is a lot! wish i had that sorta money to spoend on a car :D would be awsome. u done a top job with it tho i drool over it every time i see it.

Back
Top Bottom