White SRI

my conversion cost me 450 all in. including engine, a lightened fly, new clutch and a header.

450 fitted is rich imo... it took 10 hours to do my conversion. so thats charging £30 an hour...

bavs baby, if you wanna source your engine and make an epic journey up here i'd help you with the swap :D

pm me if you want a full list of everything you need

just read through this thread, car looks gorgeous mate, not keen on the rear light surrounds though

red lip around white gti alloys WIN!

Steve

Hi guys, not been on for a while but I'm in need of some help/opinion. My cars been an absoloute gem to own and drive but as with anything aging its got a few niggles. I need new shocks all round (cost is £200 for kyb), need to refurb gti calipers, now need new driver door (although currently it isn't bad at all) rear arches need spraying again and I need more power!
So the question is do i stick with her, fix her up and SR20 it or do I go for the big brother the Primera GT? I think I an get a decent GT for around £1000. I've been thinking about it for good few weeks now and simply can't decide what to do. If I get the GT my insurance goes up by £200 but then I get a bigger more powerful car. I simply can't decide. Would love to hear opinion of anyone who's had both almera Gti and Primera GT. Thanks guys.

Thanks mate. well I'm not sure. Got my eye on an engine and now on a GT to. Heart says whack in an SR20 but head says buy a new motor!

I've had a GTi and I owned a Sport+ primera (same engine as GT not same power though) and I've been passenger in a few GT's one of which is Ant_Dats and his GT was awesome I think it had Cams & an exhaust & it was quicker than the GTi I had that was chipped & had a full janspeed exhaust on, and for a big car the primera's handle well and can be as much fun as a GTi while not being as raw/harsh. TO be honest both good cars if you need a bigger car get the GT if a small car is more suitable keep the Almera & SR20 it check NPOC.co.uk out for primera info

I've had a GTi and I owned a Sport+ primera (same engine as GT not same power though) and I've been passenger in a few GT's one of which is Ant_Dats and his GT was awesome I think it had Cams & an exhaust & it was quicker than the GTi I had that was chipped & had a full janspeed exhaust on, and for a big car the primera's handle well and can be as much fun as a GTi while not being as raw/harsh. TO be honest both good cars if you need a bigger car get the GT if a small car is more suitable keep the Almera & SR20 it check NPOC.co.uk out for primera info

Thanks for reply, much appreciated mate. Still unsure but your info is useful, Thanks. I'll check out the site and hopefully help me make mind up that bit more.

Sweet lookin ride dude, gives me an idea of what mines gonna look like soon, its white too

I need my wheels aligning since i've changed both wishbones to some shiney new ones. Thing is, I've been told I should get a 4 wheel alignment as I changed the rear shocks to. Thing is, as you all know the mera is a 2 wheel drive car. Is this 4 wheel alignment thing a ploy to get more pennies out of me or is it worth it. My dad thinks standard tracking will do as the rears don't really have much adjustments. Just so you know, I've got KYB shocks all round. don't think they have any adjustments in them. As always, any help greatly appreciated. (I've done a search and I'm gettin baffeled the more i look, just want a definitve answer before I dip my hand in pocket.)

They should only charge you for what they do. Nothing can be adjusted on the rear of the car.

All they can adjust on the front is your toe in

-Phone-

It's called 4 wheel alignment because they take into consideration where the rear wheels are pointing. They may not be pointing perfectly straight would you believe. So they adjust the fronts accordingly so the car does not crab it's way down the road.

^ boom, classed as 4 wheel alignment - thrust angle checked

8d38bcaf.jpg

most places should only charge around 20-30 quid for alignment anyway and as my esteemed colleagues have pointed out they can only sort out the front end unless the mechanic is a complete donut lol, plus u live pretty close to me n i work in preston (well ish) be good to get a closer look at the mythical whiteness lol

Back
Top Bottom