Almera TSi

when the engine is in the car, i always use a dipstick down the plughole to check the valve timing dale, and measure the piston height in the bore (using a 3 thou feeler in the valve clearance to catch the valve event, turning clockwise only) :)

frank
2n7nuw.jpg

Lol, Just got home from work and had a look at this post.....i didnt know there was a picture.

MY WORK PC DOESNT SHOW PICS!!
I wondered what joe was on about when he said "(you can see he's got too late written on the right)"
and the whole 6mm BBDC thing that Ross came out with!

This makes complete sense now.

Cheers Frank, i'll do this over the weekend and post up my current settings for you to glance your eyes over. :thumb:

loving our car man, i think were going to have to do another mids meet or a frankley services meet soon i want to see this :)

it looks great,
and goes great too i bet,

when you getting it on the rollers for a fine tuning?

cheers dale, twill be interesting :thumb:
i did a "to scale" diag for my CG, and 45 deg only works out at 10mm of stroke, when near BDC,
near TDC may well turn out to be a different figure eh (which may prove that piston height is more relevant than crank deg anyway)
edit, i got the stroke at the radius not the diameter ffs start again lol :wall:
2nd edit, i now get it to 7mm of travel for 45 deg before or after BDC, and 16mm of travel for 45 deg before or after TDC
frank
e002kg.jpg

Yeah Stu, i fancy an old skool Frankley services meet up, with a bit of driving again. :thumb:

Ive not really got anything planned at the moment for fine tuning on the RR. What i may do is perhaps get onto a local RR for a power run, just to see how things have changed, since it was last mapped. I think ive got to the point of not wanting to spend any more on engine/power related items.

I have my moments where i think i want more power to compete with the SR20DET lads like yourself, but lets face it, its a loosing battle.

The cars pretty quick now, so I just want to get out on the circuits, aiming to create better package of a car, focusing on cooling, brakes and suspension.

sounds good dale :)

it will be a killer on track!

get some coilovers, some brakes like mine (z32 4pots) and an oil cooler and youll be sorted :)

ive found that with my setup all my running temp are bang on, with the oil and water never going over 95 degrees.
ive still got std sr20de rad and fans, although i am thinking of geting an extra fan inbetween the fmic and rad, that will also draw more air through the fmic :)

This is what a stage 4 XTD GA16 clutch looks like:

DSC00127.jpg

Nothing pretty, but hopefully it does the job.
Worked out at £140.00 delivered (express delivery), including £20 Import tax.

I shall be fitting it on Friday, along with a GA16 (RS5F31A) gearbox, shafts, and mounts.

Looking forward to the gearbox swap more than anything...will finally have some decent ratios.
None of this 20mph 1st gear, 50mph 2nd gear on the limiter crap.

I also fitted a short shifter this weekend just gone, quite pleased with the results.. amazing how its made everything feel tighter..My shifter bushing must have been knackered.

dude yourll be hitting the limter in fifth constantly, POWERZ!! 4th will help ion the strip too

I will be smashing the limiter if i carry on as i have done the last few days....@22psi (1.5BAR):lol:

Meh...i got bored.

I look forward to seeing it with the 1.6 box Dale... Still never had the pleasure of a ride in this.
Its came a long way since the first mids meets where it was looking a bit rough and not runninng perfectly, its a whole different animal now, You gotta get it to some shows this year!!
Joe

Back
Top Bottom