Almeragt´s SR20VE Almera

Be interested to know how you plan on doing the gears, 1st-4th gear are all part of the input shaft, its only 5th gear that can be removed from both input and main shaft, unless you are going with PAR gears or something.

ATS is the company, they are incredibly harsh diff's but very good.

Last edited:
Be interested to know how you plan on doing the gears, 1st-4th gear are all part of the input shaft, its only 5th gear that can be removed from both input and main shaft, unless you are going with PAR gears or something.

ATS is the company, they are incredibly harsh diff's but very good.

yes I know, 1-4-th gear are all part of the input shaft - We are working on one solution - if We succeed, then I will share information later on...
Yes, ATS is the company. I will use carbon LSD, which should operate more smoothly. Carbon LSD is around 1680 USD, metal one around 1250 USD
I will share some pictures of modified Xcessive intake for 20V by Jagy. He has made huge modification of intake. We have used 50mm oval velocity stacks. Everything was ported and polished
28883_custom-20v-sani1.jpg
28885_custom-20v-sani3.jpg
28886_custom-20v-sani4.jpg
28887_custom-20v-sani5.jpg
28888_custom-20v-sani6.jpg
28889_custom-20v-sani7.jpg
28890_custom-20v-sani8.jpg

Be very interested to see what you come up with for the gears
Our first thought was to make a groove on the input shaft in order to get there custom made gears 3-4-5. But this option is quite pricey and only few machineshops are willing to do it.
To save the time and money, I ´ve decided to buy JDM 70V tranny, where the gears 3-4-5 are not the part of the input shaft, I have used my MFactory 5.167 FD and We gonna use 70A tranny bellhousing to fit to SR20 engine.
At the end of the time, I have canceled the order from ATS for LSD, as I have got very good advice from local profi driver - He got me in touch with local profi machineshop /with very good references from the european profi teams driving rally and rally cross/ and I have got much better offer from them. Gearbox is already 2 weeks there and they are doing for me:
custom gears 3-4-5 - straightcut, non synchromeshed
custom made gearshift forks
custom made metal plate LSD
custom made axle shafts
custom made CV joints /inner and outer/
custom made front adjustable lower arms with balljoints
http://www.wrcecko.sk/

They offered me very good price, waranty for 1 year unlimited + service is very cheap. Hopefuly gearbox will be rady at the end of the month.

And finally the new seats came today...
Recaro.jpg Recaro3.jpg

Recaro4.jpg

I have got some titanium wheel nuts, as I needed 17´ wrench design /for my new wheels, where didn´t fit 19´ wrench ones/, which are problematic to get in the lightweight design. I ´ve managed to get in touch with guy from Russia, who is producing titanium parts for the motorsport. Here are Ti lugs from Yperion Titanium, Moscow

TI Racing Nuts.jpg

thanks,
weight of OEM= 6.5 kg
this one = 2,37 kg

I have also rear doors, I will make some picutres next week
OEM weight = 10.7 kg /without trimming, lights etc/
carbon fiber = 3.4 kg

so finally picture of the gearset including the metal plate LSD. Probably I didn´t understand the producer very clear - I thought He will make the gears 3-4-5 only, but last week I visited them and I found out , they made the whole gearset, final drive and of course metal plate LSD. So dogbox gearbox is ready, including modified cover of the gearbox at gear 5 /stronger/
Gears as follows:
1Q= 3,3
2Q= 1,93
3Q=1,5
4Q=1,18
5Q=0,9
Final drive: 5,167
Almera dogbox gearset by Beckert.jpg

forgot to share the information, that all the Windows except the windshield are polycarbonate - bought from UK last winter /Plastics 4Performance/. I keep the OEM function of front windows /front ones are hardcoated/. They fit great and look like OEM ones - that is what I wanted...

forgot to share the information, that all the Windows except the windshield are polycarbonate - bought from UK last winter /Plastics 4Performance/. I keep the OEM function of front windows /front ones are hardcoated/. They fit great and look like OEM ones - that is what I wanted...
What is the thickness ? I hope more than 3 mm.

If someone interested, MFactory 5.167 Final Drive will be for sale /fit to SR16VE or B15 LSD gearbox = 32v or 70v/. Bought last summer from the MFactory and driven cca 2.000 km /this year was not driven at all!/. Great performance upgrade! PM me...

Back
Top Bottom