Autech Pulsar GTi

Yeah i must admit the findings have been dissapointing. I expected more from the Autech full stop, its just a regular DE but with a head skim, notched pistons and uprated cams.

Rumours were:
sodium filled valves
oversize valves
high comp pistons
headwork

It has none of those...

At least now the 'Autech spec' rumours can be abolished and we have some factual information.

On the plus side, it gives me greater confidence in the new cylinder head in terms of gains.

So are those just notched 10:1 pistons?...they certainly look different to 16VE ones. Why notched?

Looks nice and clean in there anyway. Good luck with the build.

Well you never know.... The Autech pistons could have a higher deck height, or the block deck height could be lower... If there's a smaller piston to head clearance, the valve notches would be needed obviously.
Joe

Forgive if im missing something, but all i needed to do is measure the piston deck clearance.

If the autech piston had a taller compression height, or had the deck of the block shaved, the piston deck clearance would be less than a normal DE @ 0.5mm....which it isnt.

I think this engine is alot more common than previously thought, especially now its known that it has minimal differences to a standard highport. I would say those South African N14 Sunny's with the claimed 180bhp are using the same engine

Well since the strip down ive spent a few hours cleaning up the original highport intake manifold.

I have port matched the runners to the head and polished up the plenum entrance and bellmouths.

Its also had the mandatory lick of silver paint.

Im sure these small changes wont make any difference, but they cant hurt:wacko: Keeps me busy while i try to save some funds for new parts.

P1010596.jpg

P1010602.jpg

P1010600.jpg

P1010590.jpg

P1010618.jpg

P1010616.jpg

Good work mate :thumb:

Which car you taking to shakeys?

I'll be in the TSi Ed, trying for a high 13.

Autech's a little while away yet :( Shame really, not enough time and money.

Got most the parts now, should be some updates very soon.

No that's great I want to see the TSi in action :). Movement against the SR20!!! :lol:

Everything's looking just great Dale. Very impressed by the BTCC head after having a look around it.
You've got your head screwed on so I'm sure you'll make the most of this build's potential.
Time to invest in a dial gauge and other tech cam timing adjustment gear boyo!!
Joe

Back
Top Bottom