Autech Pulsar GTi

R888 are fantastic tyres! I struggle to even break traction with the turbo. Some amount of road noise through them though

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So following a few other people that have done this, I decided to have a go at moving the ball on the gear stick, to give shorter throw on gear changes.

Here you can see the balls original position where the grooves are on the shaft.
IMG_7027.JPG

Then it was installed along with a height adjustable gear knob, I set this somewhat higher than the original position, this gave the best feel for me, while still retaining a shorter throw. Go too long on the height and the throw will end up longer and make gear changes worse.

While it might not be the prettiest gearknob, Having that adjustment really helped dial in the perfect position for me.

IMG_7071.JPG

Went to Castle Combe for the first time a few days ago with Liam, we managed to get a bit of video on track together.

The first video is just me doing some progressively faster laps, with my best lap at the end (1m22.4)

Second video is me following Liam In his caged GTi and chasing a black EP3 and white DC2 for 5+laps. Despite continually getting delayed by some slower cars, the hondas didn't get away. After all it is a track day and not a race, so some constraint is required when traffic is around.
By the time I'd caught up though the DC2 had slowed for a cool down. Damn!
Made for some good fun none the less.

The car performed great all day and also happy with the new camera mount view. Enjoy!

Looks good! Its nice to see a totally different style of track. Combe looks nice and flat compared to the huge declines and inclines of knockhill!

What kind of top speeds were you seeing?

What kind of camera mounting are you using? I had my gopro mounted to the back left window and the vibrations through the car made all footage rubbish and full of white noise

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My camera is just a cheap ebay thing, which I've modified the suction mount in order to bolt it to the B pillar trim. It does the job pretty well.
IMG_7181.JPG

Back
Top Bottom