Engine Bay Thread

S8000509.jpg

What's the score with the mirror thingies underneath the bonnet? Presumably not actual glass - is it a film or something else that keeps the weight down? Bet it helps with maintenance though, chucking a bit extra light around...

And good to see someone giving Joey a run for his money in the cleanliness department - bet he's spitting feathers :D

EDIT: Oh aye, and it looks mint, but that goes without saying...

What's the score with the mirror thingies underneath the bonnet? Presumably not actual glass - is it a film or something else that keeps the weight down? Bet it helps with maintenance though, chucking a bit extra light around...

And good to see someone giving Joey a run for his money in the cleanliness department - bet he's spitting feathers :D

EDIT: Oh aye, and it looks mint, but that goes without saying...

They're custom made laser cut stainless sheets made to fit the carbon bonnet, admittedly yes it added some weight but complimented what was one of the best engine bays in britain. I won over 50 trophies with it, most of which were Best Engines :cool:

The R is a more practical and far cheaper effort,. You'll notice the other custom touch on the mera was the chrome painted engine bay, created to reflect the light some more

heres my efforts :) does anyone have any suggestions? any ideas would be muchly appreciated!!!!!!! i also go tmy heater blower fixed today, got a lot done lol!

4856_1171850489542_1026390971_522206_7267803_n.jpg

cheers

I would like to do the bonnet lifts aswell, where did u get them from?

this is my engine bay, would like to paint the rocker cover:

20042009010.jpg

the lifters were off ebay, they were for a golf, but they all do the same job :)

BTW if your gonna paint the cover, deffo get it sandblasted first

you wanna be super careful getting it sandblasted, I had mine done and it took me about 6 months of constant washing to get all the bits out of the oil cover baffles underneath and Im even sure now I wouldnt have gotten all of it ............. dont want that floating round your engine now

you wanna be super careful getting it sandblasted, I had mine done and it took me about 6 months of constant washing to get all the bits out of the oil cover baffles underneath and Im even sure now I wouldnt have gotten all of it ............. dont want that floating round your engine now

A safer bet would be chrome plating, when you consider the cost of sandblasting plus painting you're probably better off with paying slightly more for a shinier finish. Visit http://www.swan-plating.co.uk/ to contact for a quote as i'm unsure of todays prices but i know they're now happy to do more customised work after taking a year out to concentrate on mainstream contractual work

Also whilst we're on the subject of shiny bits, i have a nearly new Alloy Forge Header Tank for sale at a bargain £95, bought new for £149!

hmmmm, i dont mean to dissagree, but i had it blasted with glass beading for £5 which left it with a perfect finish, and no bits of swarf what so ever. i think thesam must have had it done with an abrasive grit or something?? anyways, it was a fiver for the sandblasting, fiver for primer fiver for paint, fiver for laquer. so all in all thats 20 quid. cant be bad surely. do you have any other bits for sale apart from the header tank?

hmmmm, i dont mean to dissagree, but i had it blasted with glass beading for £5 which left it with a perfect finish, and no bits of swarf what so ever. i think thesam must have had it done with an abrasive grit or something?? anyways, it was a fiver for the sandblasting, fiver for primer fiver for paint, fiver for laquer. so all in all thats 20 quid. cant be bad surely. do you have any other bits for sale apart from the header tank?

I guess for that kinda money you cant go wrong! :cool:

As for other shiney bits i'm currently in negotiations with a well known stainless expert to copy my current one off parts and hope to be able to offer some products to you guys as well as the GTiR forum as most of my custom parts will fit either or the N14/15

For now i'd say PM me any parts you may want for your motor and i'll see what i can do in the near future mate

Back
Top Bottom